Newest Member
    Toothache
Record Breaking Cold 2/19-2/20

Windman18

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

21 after midnight. :<

Still ties for the coldest high this late or later at DCA.  Have to go back to 1934 to find colder this late or later. 

15 at Dulles is the coldest this late or later there (since 1963). 

Still ties for the coldest high this late or later at DCA.  Have to go back to 1934 to find colder this late or later. 

15 at Dulles is the coldest this late or later there (since 1963).

Same here. MRB at 16 is the coldest this late in the season, beating the 18 degree highs of 2/22/1963 and 3/1/1980.

Same here. MRB at 16 is the coldest this late in the season, beating the 18 degree highs of 2/22/1963 and 3/1/1980.

Impressive stuff.. like a big perfectly timed shot of peak climo cold but in mid-Feb. Have to imagine it would have handily beat last year's events if it was timed better. 

Impressive stuff.. like a big perfectly timed shot of peak climo cold but in mid-Feb. Have to imagine it would have handily beat last year's events if it was timed better.

What is most impressive to me is that we are doing this with strong winds tonight. Tenman may know, but I think we might have to go back to Jan 1985 to find these type of wind chill readings region-wide.

What is most impressive to me is that we are doing this with strong winds tonight. Tenman may know, but I think we might have to go back to Jan 1985 to find these type of wind chill readings region-wide.

I think 1985  is only wind chill that tops this, coldest back to back days since 1994, coldest week since 1982.

Refreshing weather today, high was a comfortable 18 degrees. The dewpoint is -6. We have this delightful northerly breeze gusting up to 25mph. It has cooled down to 12 degrees. This is wonderful jebwalk weather! Snow is everywhere! Some roads are STILL snow packed! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!

Storm is trending colder but it looks like I get an inch of sleet then torrential rain on Sunday which should wash away all the snow. Shenandoah Valley will get crushed with 9 inches of fresh snow then a quarter inch of ice. Fitting I should get sleet then drowned in heavy rain and 49 degrees on Sunday.

Archived