• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Record Breaking Cold 2/19-2/20

Windman18

Wait a momento.   This is what Scuddz does?  What is "does" specifically?  Ice?

I wish I was smarter so I could do cool stuff.

He works at the National Ice Center in Suitland. I've seen quite a few of his maps over the years showing ice cover in the Bay. Not sure what else he does there. But his maps are great. 

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If BWI finishes -10.9 for February, then Joe Bastardi can claim his -4 call for DJF verified :axe:

They're at -7.7 now with more record cold to come. The coldest February ever there was 1934, with a -11.5 departure.

Not going to happen, but I think we'll chalk up a very impressive negative departure.  Matt's seasonal forecast could end up being really good, even with the December debacle.  

Not going to happen, but I think we'll chalk up a very impressive negative departure.  Matt's seasonal forecast could end up being really good, even with the December debacle.  

Oh I know its not going to happen, I was just joking around. Always like poking fun at him.  :lol:  I do think we could get a top 10 coldest February there though.

Wait a momento.   This is what Scuddz does?  What is "does" specifically?  Ice?

I wish I was smarter so I could do cool stuff.

He works at the National Ice Center in Suitland. I've seen quite a few of his maps over the years showing ice cover in the Bay. Not sure what else he does there. But his maps are great. 

Ice in U.S. waters (Alaska, Great Lakes, Ches Bay, NYC area), and daily Northern Hemisphere Snow and Ice Map (http://www.natice.noaa.gov/ims/index.html)

Feb 27 34° 51° 9° (1900) 80° (1997) 0.12" NA

Speaking of records... 2/27/97

This was the day! This was the day I jumped off of Dulaney Valley bridge in to Loch  Raven reservoir... 

Had to have been the stupidest f-ing thing I have ever done in my life.

HRRR is pretty insistent on subzero by midnight west of I-95. 2AM 0F at IAD, 2F at DCA, -1F at BWI, and -3F at KAPG.

HRRR still seems to have a snowcover problem.. I guess all hi res models do now. 

Archived