joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/25-1/26 Snow Threat

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't remember the last time we had a storm that lasted this long. This would be an awesome storm.

I'm not sure I buy the duration tbh. A lot of it on this run had to do with the kicker joining the inv trough keeping things going. The whole evolution has many directions it can go. I would say a 2-4" deal for most of the subforum is pretty likely with some upside. This doesn't really have the feel of a bust or 1-2" non event. 

If the vort keeps digging south we could be in trouble. But we're at pretty close range now so hopefully that's a non-issue. 

I'm not sure I buy the duration tbh. A lot of it on this run had to do with the kicker joining the inv trough keeping things going. The whole evolution has many directions it can go. I would say a 2-4" deal for most of the subforum is pretty likely with some upside. This doesn't really have the feel of a bust or 1-2" non event. 

If the vort keeps digging south we could be in trouble. But we're at pretty close range now so hopefully that's a non-issue. 

I was thinking it could be a 3-6/4-8 last night.. could still be but we need a little more help maybe. I don't buy a 48 hour light snow event. 

Many of us had the same worry for this week's clipper and it worked out well for a lot of us. 

Verbatim it looks nice... but when was the last time it snowed for 36 hours around here?  And I'm not sold on daytime accumulations with rates that light, unless temps are solidly below 28F or so.

I'm wondering if this will become the rare 4-6" storm that doesn't need a warning because it has such a long duration.

well....IF it ends up coming to fruition like the GFS is suggesting, it isn't going to be spread out evenly over 40 hours....Looks like there are 2 main periods, and then the in between is probably intermittent or super light

Archived