joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/25-1/26 Snow Threat

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hopefully it isn;t like 2/1-2/13 when we got random snowshowers for 36 hours, and it amounted to 1"

Didn't remember at all but not totally dissimilar looking at NARR.  I hadn't looked at the GFS till just now.. definitely not a huge fan of the 500 look compared to last night/6z.. back to strung out etc.. which has concerned a bit. 

These aren't unheard of....these long duration events

1/25-27/2004

2/26-28/2003

were both over 48 hours, and both had precip most of the time....1/25-27 I think had SN or ZR every single OB....2/26-28 was all snow, and there were gaps for a few hours here and there, but basically it snowed for 60 hours...both were 6" events

round 2 hasn't come yet

Is it really that much from the first part? Love SV is fast hate the maps are tiny. 

edit: do see three 6 hr panels of .1"+ so prob .4ish? guess that's close. 

I'm not sweating amounts too much because we might be disappointed.  If the idea comes to fruition.  A long duration cold wintry event, I am going to try not to be too concerned with amounts...As long as I get 2"+ of course.  

Second batch deflected around us. 

I'm not sweating amounts too much because we might be disappointed.  If the idea comes to fruition.  A long duration cold wintry event, I am going to try not to be too concerned with amounts...As long as I get 2"+ of course.  

I like this....2 inches is my success bar as well.  If we can get that with good road stickage it's a win.

Archived