joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to apologize for my behavior on Tuesday. I admit I was out of order and rude towards H20, I should have handled the situation differently. I don't want to be viewed as a rude, vulgar person because I am not. I admit my feelings are a bit sensitive, but I am a sensitive person by nature (see the psychological term "highly sensitive person", which I think I fall under, but I digress). Perhaps that is why I view certain moderator actions as abuse of power...I'll try to address my perception in the future.

I really want to be a productive member on this forum. I am a deeply passionate person, and that extends to weather...all I did was watch the weather channel when I was a kid (this was back in the 90s, so cut me some slack there). I love snow as mostly everyone does here too...I am really trying to increase my knowledge about weather  to a more advanced level, and that's why I love posting here. I want to contribute and feel a part of the community. I'll try to recognize certain areas where I shouldn't post and what not...but I would appreciate some patience here in that regard. I'm really sorry for pissing people off, hopefully we can just sweep this under the rug.

Once again, my apologies.

I want to apologize for my behavior on Tuesday. I admit I was out of order and rude towards H20, I should have handled the situation differently. I don't want to be viewed as a rude, vulgar person because I am not. I admit my feelings are a bit sensitive, but I am a sensitive person by nature (see the psychological term "highly sensitive person", which I think I fall under, but I digress). Perhaps that is why I view certain moderator actions as abuse of power...I'll try to address my perception in the future.

I really want to be a productive member on this forum. I am a deeply passionate person, and that extends to weather...all I did was watch the weather channel when I was a kid (this was back in the 90s, so cut me some slack there). I love snow as mostly everyone does here too...I am really trying to increase my knowledge about weather  to a more advanced level, and that's why I love posting here. I want to contribute and feel a part of the community. I'll try to recognize certain areas where I shouldn't post and what not...but I would appreciate some patience here in that regard. I'm really sorry for pissing people off, hopefully we can just sweep this under the rug.

:clap:

For the record, I never had a problem with your posts. I'm surprised some complain about your comments, but say nothing about other posters'.

Whenever needbiggerboat posts I just imagine Roy Scheider sitting at his keyboard, angrily typing away while a cigarette dangles from his lower lip, occasionally yelling out the side window at the neighbor's kids playing on his front lawn.

(I'm just kidding!)

Not too far from reality.  Roy been gone long time now.  The god willing I get to see him in teh heaven soon enough.  I don't smoke, not cigs anyway  ;)   

Neighbor's dog takes many craps on my lawn, but I do not yell, so that

Tonight brings first of many nails in your coffin for teh contest, which will be won by I

post-506-0-05962100-1422047393_thumb.jpg

post-506-0-17353500-1422047417_thumb.jpg

post-506-0-22975600-1422048480_thumb.jpg

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  

:clap:

For the record, I never had a problem with your posts. I'm surprised some complain about your comments, but say nothing about other posters'.

+1 to this.  it can get kinda boring trying to learn and not participate at all which i could tell PG was mostly trying to do.  i'm guilty of that as well.  the best thing to do is just know your lane.  threads can definitely get a little stuffy during storms if too many people are posting.  i don't mind some mini banter though, just gotta know when to take a step back.

The front-end white stuff tonight is just going to be for show. I know this in my head.

But I also know that if I drive my new summer-tired Mustang into DC tonight as I had planned, temps will crash and it will be more than just a pretty evening. 

(Disclaimer: I drive cars for a living. I am a professional. Do not drive your car in the winter on summer tires. You will dead.)

Back in 1994 during the beginning of one of the ice storms, I was driving home to Takoma Park in my 5.0 Mustang around 530pm. A poorer car for inclement weather does not exist. Somehow I was able to get it up out of RCP and home, though. To this day I don't know how I managed that.

Nice apology.  I think everyone here needs to just relax instead of jumping over every little post or model analysis.  I find those who are first to criticize are usually the ones who usually provide no analysis themselves.  Just keep trying to learn and try not to let everything get to you.  

Archived