joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice apology.  I think everyone here needs to just relax instead of jumping over every little post or model analysis.  I find those who are first to criticize are usually the ones who usually provide no analysis themselves.  Just keep trying to learn and try not to let everything get to you.  

Agree, good apology and yeah sometimes we all need to relax a bit.  I'm as guilty as anyone for making occasional snarky or useless comments, even in the non-banter threads.  I've had the occasional post deleted or moved to banter, and you just have to let that roll off and figure "oops, that wasn't the right thread for that!"  Sometimes the line between banter and discussion in the more "serious" threads is a bit vague.  A lot of the time I end up reading what a lot of the other regulars and mets post in here, and I've learned a boat-load of stuff doing that.  Don't be afraid to ask questions, even if someone might disregard it or give a seemingly unfriendly reply; though you should choose how a question is phrased wisely.  I don't have the access to a lot of the information compared to some so at times I feel my contributions are not giving very much or are re-iterating what someone said.  Maybe I should invest in the model package at some point to access more of the good stuff! :)   But I believe (or would like to think, at least!) that the vast majority of what I post is useful and respectful, even the times when I'm trying to be humorous.

My 2 copper coins, for what it's worth!

Unfortunately, I have to paint the bedroom this weekend.  Just finished spackeling...don't feel ambitious enough to paint the ceiling tonight.  Instead, I'll pour a glass of wine.   :)

I second that!  After my Stella, I've got some chilled wine awaiting for later and through the weekend!

Painting and wine...could be a very interesting combination!

Agree, good apology and yeah sometimes we all need to relax a bit.  I'm as guilty as anyone for making occasional snarky or useless comments, even in the non-banter threads.  I've had the occasional post deleted or moved to banter, and you just have to let that roll off and figure "oops, that wasn't the right thread for that!"  Sometimes the line between banter and discussion in the more "serious" threads is a bit vague.  A lot of the time I end up reading what a lot of the other regulars and mets post in here, and I've learned a boat-load of stuff doing that.  Don't be afraid to ask questions, even if someone might disregard it or give a seemingly unfriendly reply; though you should choose how a question is phrased wisely.  I don't have the access to a lot of the information compared to some so at times I feel my contributions are not giving very much or are re-iterating what someone said.  Maybe I should invest in the model package at some point to access more of the good stuff! :)   But I believe (or would like to think, at least!) that the vast majority of what I post is useful and respectful, even the times when I'm trying to be humorous.

My 2 copper coins, for what it's worth!

Cheers!  (in the spirit of happy hour)

Maybe he's a disembodied consciousness who can fly around anywhere and the whole Tenman thing is projection.

Always in Z -- I'm still in my safe coffee drinking zone. Especially on a Friday :-)

Ahhh, I see!  No problem, just that normally I cannot drink coffee this late or else I'll be up awhile.  Speaking of coffee, got a  Keurig for Christmas to replace a defunct coffee maker...very nice to use, especially on weekends!

So when do you transition from coffee to something else? :P

I'm sure than my frequent glances out the window hoping to see the rain transition back to snow is delaying that from happening.

Hope you get some snow pack out there! Slow season for White Grass ..

looking at the observations from the MA reminds me how awesome the region does cold rain... man I don't miss that..

Torching out here this weekend, at least you are almost frozen ! Freaking 60's here this weekend so spring skiing. 

Hope you get some snow pack out there! Slow season for White Grass ..

looking at the observations from the MA reminds me how awesome the region does cold rain... man I don't miss that..

Torching out here this weekend, at least you are almost frozen ! Freaking 60's here this weekend so spring skiing. 

You're ridge is our trough.  ;)

The mon-tues storm looks like fun. Thump monday morning that lays down several inches followed by endless flurries for 500 hours, all with temps in the 20's. Winter Wonderland.

It's sure does. I know it want happen, but flurries for a long duration would be awesome. Looks to stay nice and cold afterwards too. Not the biggest storm but very high quality (if it happens).

Archived