joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall the positives of living here far outweigh the negatives. My issues are more with the people.. but maybe I just don't like people lol. I think it would be fairly difficult to move to most cities in the US after this one given the rapid transit (even though we complain about it all the time) and layout (it's like a botanical garden). If I was single I'd have already moved to Denver ha. I don't think I could live in the heart of the Plains.. maybe Dallas.. so that's a natural spot for wanting to storm chase if nothing else. Plus there's a bunch of tech and aerospace and weather and stuff there too. Considered Chicago but fairly confident I'd only make it one winter there.

If you're not married you're single.  Don't let a girlfriend crush your dreams.

Meh, I grew up in Baltimore and lived there, well, let's just say many many years.  All of my close relatives lived either in the city or neaby burbs.  Yet, I never felt like I was home or in love with the city over those many years....compare that to moving here...within a couple of months of moving here I was ready to adopt the area (Westminster) as my new hometown.   21 years later I still feel about the same for Westminster...it helps having a sister in Mt. Airy and another sis in Hampstead now....the snow ain't bad either..... I appreciate Baltimore for the Ravens and Orioles (somewhat) but I have not stepped foot in the city nor even driven within the city limits for nearly 8 years (and I don't really live THAT far away).   I guess I was always a small town country guy at heart who was trapped in the big, snowless (ha ha) city (truly though, Balto isn't too bad for snow where I lived in NE part).

what's funny is that i actually like bmore.  my cousin lives in canton and i love going up there.  mamas on the halfshell...walt's inn...walking up to patterson park...etc etc.  i don't think i'd live there, or maybe even in bmore, but i like the going out vibe there.  it's just more laid back than dc even though dc has more to offer.  it could just be a product of growing up in the city you live in.  i think after a while it's good to have a change.  even though nyc wasn't really for me, i'm glad i did that, and glad i traveled a couple years for work and got to explore some other cities.

6z and 12z NAMs get even better and give DCA and city snow, z buys in.

Ends up raining downtown while I shovel 4 inches of snow I don't want.

z goes on anti-NAM rant and lashes out at various posters.

z disappears for a while, comes back, then creates a new thread titled "what do you contribute to the forum?"

what's funny is that i actually like bmore.  my cousin lives in canton and i love going up there.  mamas on the halfshell...walt's inn...walking up to patterson park...etc etc.  i don't think i'd live there, or maybe even in bmore, but i like the going out vibe there.  it's just more laid back than dc even though dc has more to offer.  it could just be a product of growing up in the city you live in.  i think after a while it's good to have a change.  even though nyc wasn't really for me, i'm glad i did that, and glad i traveled a couple years for work and got to explore some other cities.

I approve of this post.

I'm originally from just outside of DC and I still really like the city.  Call me crazy, but I liked it a lot better when the Redskins were at RFK, and I think Cooke made a mistake moving the team to the burbs.  The Skins had a blue collar feel then that helped to hide the snobby or arrogant side some of you describe well, but not so much anymore.  Though I still enjoy visiting and hanging out in DC when I can.

Bmore, on the hand, is like DC's cousin Eddie.  Laid back, a little stupid (I fit in well), but there's a lot of people that are all well-intentioned.  It's a town always looking for an excuse to have fun, and with the O's and Ravens both doing pretty well these last couple of years, there's a lot of opportunities for getting a little crazy.

Archived