• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

LOL- i don't look at his page often but what a twist. First off, it already snowed!?! Your outlook simply said chances were becoming more favorable. And it snowed already. That alone completely discredits DT's thread. Getting specific on an event that appeared after your article is stupid. It's like he's saying CWG endorsed the weekend storm to be snow. And what happens if it snows again mon-tues? 2 snow events during your outlook period when he said it wouldn't snow at all? I don't get it.

Yes, it's like calling someone out by using information that's now more updated than what was available before.  Apples to oranges.  Wes made very generic and reasonable statements the other week based on what the guidance was showing at that time.  And he gave the usual caveats, no promises of anything.  How could one not say there was a "higher probability" of snow in that time frame given what the models showed then?  So now that the guidance absolutely sucks for us for the upcoming event, it's pretty brash to call someone out on an assessment made a week prior.

The totally ironic thing is, DT is the one who started the Jan. 23-24 thread in the first place!!!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it's like calling someone out by using information that's now more updated than what was available before.  Apples to oranges.  Wes made very generic and reasonable statements the other week based on what the guidance was showing at that time.  And he gave the usual caveats, no promises of anything.  How could one not say there was a "higher probability" of snow in that time frame given what the models showed then?  So now that the guidance absolutely sucks for us for the upcoming event, it's pretty brash to call someone out on an assessment made a week prior.

The totally ironic thing is, DT is the one who started the Jan. 23-24 thread in the first place!!!

Wait, I know you're trying to defend Wes, but I think you kind of missed with this post. There were three windows described in Wes' article. The most favorable one was the last one- 1/23-1/29. 1/23-24 is at the very start of that window, so it doesn't matter if we see snow this Saturday-- there's the rest of the window. Guidance doesn't "absolutely suck" for us through 1/29. 

LOL- i don't look at his page often but what a twist. First off, it already snowed!?! Your outlook simply said chances were becoming more favorable. And it snowed already. That alone completely discredits DT's thread. Getting specific on an event that appeared after your article is stupid. It's like he's saying CWG endorsed the weekend storm to be snow. And what happens if it snows again mon-tues? 2 snow events during your outlook period when he said it wouldn't snow at all? I don't get it.

DT creating the thread for this weekend's storm was totally a way to fake us all out and make us THINK he was going snowy, when really all along he knew it was going to be warm and rainy in January.  And you're a FOOKING IDOITT for thinking otherwise. 

Wait, I know you're trying to defend Wes, but I think you kind of missed with this post. There were three windows described in Wes' article. The most favorable one was the last one- 1/23-1/29. 1/23-24 is at the very start of that window, so it doesn't matter if we see snow this Saturday-- there's the rest of the window. Guidance doesn't "absolutely suck" for us through 1/29. 

I see what you're saying, and that's correct.  But my comment about the guidance absolutely sucking was in reference to the event coming up Friday night and Saturday only (what I meant by the "upcoming event").  Sorry if that was a bit misleading.  My main point is that it's a bit much to try and discredit someone who made an assessment based on data available awhile ago, by using much more current guidance.  It is true that we still could be in the game for the possibility on the 26th (and if anything pops up between then and the 29th).

Yeah, I did!  It was awesome.  I also stopped in at Burley Oak Brewery in Berlin.  I had been there a couple of years ago and wasn't too impressed, but everything that I tried there was great!  I highly recommend them if you ever get down there.

I will have to try that. I am heading down to Evolution next weekend I think. Here is one for you to try next time you are in Rehoboth..

http://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/dogfish-head-scrapple-beer

I will have to try that. I am heading down to Evolution next weekend I think. Here is one for you to try next time you are in Rehoboth..

http://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/dogfish-head-scrapple-beer

I've heard of that!  We are going down to OC for St. Patty's Day, and we normally head home through Rehoboth just to extend the trip.  Hopefully they'll still have it.

Have you ever been to Eastern Shore Brewery in Easton?  We wanted to stop there too, but we had to get to Annapolis in time for lobster rolls at Mason's before they closed!

I've heard of that!  We are going down to OC for St. Patty's Day, and we normally head home through Rehoboth just to extend the trip.  Hopefully they'll still have it.

Have you ever been to Eastern Shore Brewery in Easton?  We wanted to stop there too, but we had to get to Annapolis in time for lobster rolls at Mason's before they closed!

Yeah I stopped in there back in the fall. Cool little place. I had one beer and cant remember what it was lol. If I go again Ill do the sampler.

edit- I assume you are talking about Eastern Shore Brewing in Saint Michaels? 

lol

That's awesome.

My gf is playing it over and over and over...

I've watched it like 10 times. He clearly knew what he was doing. Stupid issue but feels like another Pats deception move. He's so goofy and likeable the issue vanishes into viral commentary after angry coach passes the buck.

I've watched it like 10 times. He clearly knew what he was doing. Stupid issue but feels like another Pats deception move. He's so goofy and likeable the issue vanishes into viral commentary after angry coach passes the buck.

Yeah, I don't know who pulls the strings for that team, but they handle their controversies like a fine tuned orchestra. 

I still don't like them.

Archived