Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Dec 9-10 Storm Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snizzle in ORH but touches of white on grass and rooftops in my neighborhood (670').

This has been a fantastic storm to watch--heavy snow on the spine of the Greens and west slopes, even Berkshires got into it, but mostly rain on east slopes of Greens, most of NH, and central-eastern MA. Snow in N CT since yesterday afternoon but nothing here in ORH. I'm guessing (from reading more informed people) that it has to do with the 925mb and especially 850mb and above. I wish I understood better why. Is it the proximity of the LP to those in the east? 

Power just came back in hotel (They say "they never lose it here")

Mountain  reporting 2 feet in last 48 hours and trees are sagging big time at hotel (1750')

Just a Gorgous land scape as its time to throw on the ski gear baby!

Just noticed Savoy reporting a foot of snow in that Special part of mass that more resembles NNE.

Schenectady at 400' got about three Tuesday night in a burst of gigantic blocks falling from the sky, then about a solid eight yesterday afternoon into evening.  Rumors of 18 inches from my wife's coworker in the Helderbergs yesterday, we sat at 32 degrees with kind of frozen rain snow sleet mix all the time it wasn't snowing so I'd bet if you went up 1000 feet you'd be getting whomped.  Snow showers now.  

All the models are struggling with the snow here in SNE this morning. Sort of a challenging forecast for the rest of today.

I don't know...outside the hills, gonna be too warm for accumulations. Scattered flurries snow showers with a fresh coating in the hills seems like it would cover it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steady light snow here at work in SECT winds ssw at 10 gusting to 15, 32 degrees, snow sticking to surfaces

Yeah, pretty good burst in SE CT...but doesn't appear it's gonna last long. As soon as intensity lets up temps will begin creeping up. Been too warm/light for anything to stick to the pavement around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still light rain and mid-upper 30s across Maine.  Storm total as of 7 AM was 2.70" and the Sandy is high and muddy.  Only lost 1" of snowpack, though, as the high at my CAD capital has been 34.  Saw a brief peek of sun (!!) as I finished my commute, but it's all socked in again as more precip rides in from the SE.

sweet looks like a nice burst will come right over you, lay down an inch if it holds

Eh I hope your right but i doubt it. The grounds too warm. Its barely sticking to the grass, trees, ect... I hope your right though.Either way its nice to see some flakes considering where I moved from already has over 100" on the season and its technically not even winter yet lol.  

The cloud deck has brightened quite a bit this morning. I would love a glimpse of sun.

I am all done with the 3 day storm and the trace of snow it brought me.

wow that stinks man, it looks like you may have been in one of the worst spots in all of SNE tantalized by snow all around you, but in all honesty most of us to the south of you outside of the higher elevations are only getting an inch or two maximum so its not that big of a deal

34/32

Archived