• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Dec 9-10 Storm Observation Thread

dryslot

6" on the ground with probably 1.5"+ liquid.  I just xc skied and there were lots of places where my ski tracks got slushy.  Absolutlely beautiful out though.  NWS Albany upgraded Albany to a WSW.  Discussion said surface low was further east than expected moving the mesoscale band associated with the warm conveyor over ENY. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brings nightmares of the late Feb storm (round 2) that year, cold rain in Maine and snow in NYC.  At 3 PM, AUG was reporting mixed precip (a stray pinger?) with 35/33, and that's the coldest obs in Maine south of CAR.  Updated forecast has my zone with up to 1" thru tomorrow.  I'm at the SE edge of the zone, and would be surprised if the vehicles get re-whitened.

But, But, Retro storms are good like the one in 1969, Ha, Different animal altogether

6" on the ground with probably 1.5"+ liquid. I just xc skied and there were lots of places where my ski tracks got slushy. Absolutlely beautiful out though. NWS Albany upgraded Albany to a WSW. Discussion said surface low was further east than expected moving the mesoscale band associated with the warm conveyor over ENY.

Nice! ALB has under-performed it seems a lot in recent seasons or missed good storms, so must feel good to be on the winning side of a marginal event I would guess.

Seems as if some of the hills are having trouble getting good returns in spots... snow is probably melting as it falls opposed to the Springfield area where intensity is greater, steadier. 

Down in SE MA it is actually colder aloft, but the BL is cooked. Cooler BL near BOS and on north, but still warm aloft. Pick your poison. Everything should cool in due time. There should definitely be some losers in this ULL snow though.

Archived