gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Dec 9-10 Storm Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mansfield at 17.5" (at the COOP) as of 5pm So 2 Feet certainly possible if not likely.

Holy crap!  That is incredibly impressive for a 24 hour total from the Coop.  Like I literally fell out of my chair.  Valentines Day was a 24" in 24 hour total up there.  

I can't remember the last time the Coop had 17.5" in a 1 day reading.  I mean I'm really blown away, haha.  It does show though, wet snow or wind-less snows and they can actually measure it accurately.  They sample paste real well in the bucket, upslope fluff, not so much.

DAILY HYDROMETEOROLOGICAL DATA

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BURLINGTON VT

554 PM EST WED DEC 10 2014

STATION PRECIP TEMPERATURE PRESENT SNOW

24 HRS MAX MIN CUR WEATHER NEW TOTAL SWE

...VERMONT...

MOUNT MANSFIELD 1.98 28 23 25 HEAVY SNOW 17.0 30

Elevatiom is big right now. At 550' in Btown we have about .75" of snow so far, but @ 750' nearby double that.

According to reports from friends in the hill towns it is rain everywhere up here even up at 1k +. I think precip rates have a lot to do with it. I mean, Jesus, it is snowing in downtown Springfield and raining in Northfield.

According to reports from friends in the hill towns it is rain everywhere up here even up at 1k +. I think precip rates have a lot to do with it. I mean, Jesus, it is snowing in downtown Springfield and raining in Northfield.

Wow that is unusual to say the least. Will say it was coming down pretty heavily for a time here and did a springlike flip from rain to catspaws to wet flakes.

As you might imagine West Chesterfield was getting hit hard. Always does.

band of snow coming thru here in Killington ( you know your a weenie when you look up the elevation of the hotel your choosing on mtn road lol)  pouring snow.  They lost power and internet last night but thankfully that is up and working. 31.8 Here but not as wet as you would think. Trees are bent to their limits and it I won't even guess how much they have here

radar not doing it justice here in Killington ( you know your a weenie when you look up the elevation of the hotel your choosing on mtn road lol)  pouring snow.  They lost power and internet last night but thankfully that is up and working. 31.8 Here but not as wet as you would think. Trees are bent to their limits and it I won't even guess how much they have here

Woulda came if I didn't have a final tomorrow.

Archived