EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Dec 9-10 Storm Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I emptied my 10 gallon vac 8 times yesterday evening just to stem the tide.

When the ground is frozen and we get these big rainers half of my basement leaks...

More vacuuming and the dehumidifier later...

Same with my place, water rises to the tops of the basement windows at the front of the house (it's built into a hill, so the basement windows at the front of the house are ground level while the windows at the back are 8 feet off the ground) and eventually just flows in. We kept a constant vigil so it never got worse then a couple manageable puddles.

I'm pretty meh on them for MBY... but maybe some consolation dusting

It's more instability stuff with showery or banded precip I think. Someone will probably go "whoa I got 2 inches!" while others will complain.

It feels like a coating-1" type of thing for a lot of people... Maybe an inch or two ORH into the CT hills.. Berks up to 3 or 4" somewhere in the middle of nowhere in total after tomorrow?

I drove through your area about an hour or two ago. 114 from Andover to Rt 1, but there was serious backup by the time I got there. I ended up taking side roads all the way down to 1A. Peabody looked like a disaster on Google Maps. I saw up to 5 roads closed on the north shore.

Yeah, it was a traffic disaster just outside my house this morning with so many seeking alternate routes. Took my cousin 45 minutes to get to school in the square only a couple miles away lol.

Anytime this kind of storm happens, it's best just to avoid Peabody altogether.

Yeah, it was a traffic disaster just outside my house this morning with so many seeking alternate routes. Took my cousin 45 minutes to get to school in the square only a couple miles away lol.

Anytime this kind of storm happens, it's best just to avoid Peabody altogether.

It hasn't stopped. Awful day. Now more backing in.

Are we thinking like 4-5:00 today for the flip to snow? 850's are below 0c to the Ri border

Freezing level looks to be around 1500-2k feet close to you.

Looks like low level fronto near you. Sort of a semi mid level dryslot as you are close to the center of the 850mb low and 700mb dryslot works through from you on east today. 

Sort of garbage echos should continue until the mid levels move as the afternoon goes on and the ULL lifts.

is it me or are the South /Central Greens about to get hit hard again with mostly SNOW.

That's been in the forecast for a while now...very good round 2 for the Greens. The south/central might actually do better than northern...we'll have to see how the mid-levels are doing up north later on, but it could be marginal in N VT.

Archived