Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Dec 9-10 Storm Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even 12" at Sugarloaf they just posted on their Facebook page.

I think we're going to have to back off wintry precip for tomorrow though. Profiles look warm right through the international border.

You can see that rain/snow line progressing northward on radar as the lower and mid levels are warming

Jay and BTV may be in that pivot point right now....seeing as the band curls NNE.  If Jay had a foot an hour ago, they could really go to town over the next hour or 3.  They've got that high base area, so must be getting crushed.  I talked with the lead groomer on Mansfield about an hour ago and he was estimating 6-8" on the mountain above 2,000ft.  Said that its wind-packed up high on the trails.  I'll be curious to see what my sheltered board says at 3,000ft.

Dec_9_zpsksvel603.gif

kinda off topic for you ski bums. But NWS out of Buffalo just placed Winter Storm Warning Flags for most of Central WNY. Including me in Rochester, they are calling for 8-14". I'd be surprised. But the word is some of the high resolution 0z models came in with impressive totals south of Lake Ontario. I hope theyre correct.

kinda off topic for you ski bums. But NWS out of Buffalo just placed Winter Storm Warning Flags for most of Central WNY. Including me in Rochester, they are calling for 8-14". I'd be surprised. But the word is some of the high resolution 0z models came in with impressive totals south of Lake Ontario. I hope theyre correct.

The 2nd round of forcing gets "flung" out into western NY tomorrow and tomorrow night...and mid-level temps get decently cold too..so there will be some enhancement off Ontario on the N/NW wind.

edit: I'll be in Buffalo this weekend starting Friday morning...I didn't expect that I'd see snow, but it may actually still be snowing lightly there on Friday...this thing toakes forever to finalyl lift out. :lol:

The 2nd round of forcing gets "flung" out into western NY tomorrow and tomorrow night...and mid-level temps get decently cold too..so there will be some enhancement off Ontario on the N/NW wind.

edit: I'll be in Buffalo this weekend starting Friday morning...I didn't expect that I'd see snow, but it may actually still be snowing lightly there on Friday...this thing toakes forever to finalyl lift out. :lol:

i hope we dont disappoint!

Just whiten things up..Not expecting anything more than that. Lay down an inch our 2..and keep it around till the storm next week..as pattern gets cold

I'm not saying it can't happen...but they are so fickle and isolated sometimes with these bands. Hey I hope I works out, but don't complain if it doesn't. You are in a better position then say eastern areas for that.

First Cocorahs data day Moosup 1.7 NE is your new best named station in the nation, ha

2/10/2014 	 5:00 AM 	 CT-TL-2 	 Staffordville 0.4 NNW 	1.96	NA	NA	CT	Tolland	 View
12/10/2014 	 6:00 AM 	 CT-NH-14 	 Prospect 1.9 ENE 	2.23	NA	NA	CT	New Haven	 View
12/10/2014 	 6:00 AM 	 CT-WN-8 	 Moosup 1.7 NE 	1.92	NA	NA	CT	Windham	 View
12/10/2014 	 7:00 AM 	 CT-FR-9 	 Brookfield 3.3 SSE 	2.54	NA	NA	CT	Fairfield	 View
12/10/2014 	 7:00 AM 	 CT-HR-11 	 West Hartford 2.7 SSE 	2.00	NA	NA	CT	Hartford	 View
12/10/2014 	 7:00 AM 	 CT-HR-15 	 Southington 3.0 E 	2.35	0.0	NA	CT	Hartford	 View
12/10/2014 	 7:00 AM 	 CT-MD-5 	 Westbrook Center 1.1 N 	1.67	NA	NA	CT	Middlesex	 View
12/10/2014 	 7:00 AM 	 CT-WN-2 	 North Grosvenor Dale 1.7 SSE 	1.48	NA	NA	CT	Windham	 View
12/10/2014 	 7:00 AM 	 CT-WN-4 	 East Killingly 1.3 SW 	1.56	NA	NA	CT	Windham	 View
12/10/2014 	 7:15 AM 	 CT-HR-8 	 North Granby 1.3 ENE 	2.04	0.0	0.0	CT	Hartford

I'm not saying it can't happen...but they are so fickle and isolated sometimes with these bands. Hey I hope I works out, but don't complain if it doesn't. You are in a better position then say eastern areas for that.

I like how the radar is filling in from the east and west.. It's down to 33.5 here..so hopefully by early-mid afternoon it turns over. I think NW CT is in the best position. Maybe 3-6 there..with less as you move east

Archived