• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Dec 9-10 Storm Observation Thread

dryslot

I like how the radar is filling in from the east and west.. It's down to 33.5 here..so hopefully by early-mid afternoon it turns over. I think NW CT is in the best position. Maybe 3-6 there..with less as you move east

Euro has you 925 hpa temps >0c through the day. Again, it's a longitude thing here. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First Cocorahs data day Moosup 1.7 NE is your new best named station in the nation, ha

2/10/2014 	 5:00 AM 	 CT-TL-2 	 Staffordville 0.4 NNW 	1.96	NA	NA	CT	Tolland	 View
12/10/2014 	 6:00 AM 	 CT-NH-14 	 Prospect 1.9 ENE 	2.23	NA	NA	CT	New Haven	 View
12/10/2014 	 6:00 AM 	 CT-WN-8 	 Moosup 1.7 NE 	1.92	NA	NA	CT	Windham	 View
12/10/2014 	 7:00 AM 	 CT-FR-9 	 Brookfield 3.3 SSE 	2.54	NA	NA	CT	Fairfield	 View
12/10/2014 	 7:00 AM 	 CT-HR-11 	 West Hartford 2.7 SSE 	2.00	NA	NA	CT	Hartford	 View
12/10/2014 	 7:00 AM 	 CT-HR-15 	 Southington 3.0 E 	2.35	0.0	NA	CT	Hartford	 View
12/10/2014 	 7:00 AM 	 CT-MD-5 	 Westbrook Center 1.1 N 	1.67	NA	NA	CT	Middlesex	 View
12/10/2014 	 7:00 AM 	 CT-WN-2 	 North Grosvenor Dale 1.7 SSE 	1.48	NA	NA	CT	Windham	 View
12/10/2014 	 7:00 AM 	 CT-WN-4 	 East Killingly 1.3 SW 	1.56	NA	NA	CT	Windham	 View
12/10/2014 	 7:15 AM 	 CT-HR-8 	 North Granby 1.3 ENE 	2.04	0.0	0.0	CT	Hartford

Awesome Ginx! I am West Hartford 2.7 SSE. Make sure you take the inner part of the rain gauge out when it's filled with water and temperatures are dropping. I've lost a few rain gauges that way lol 

An interesting storm indeed. Started the day yesterday with a mix of snow/sleet/freezing rain which eventually turned over to freezing rain until approx 3-4 pm. Trace of snow/sleet. I did not measure the ice accretion but eyeballing, it was close to 1/4". Peak wind gust last evening was 34 mph with a storm total rainfall of 2.19". High temp was 40.1°F at 8:07pm last evening and has slowly decreased since that time. Current temp 36.1°F.

you eyeored yourself to a nice pasting

He was still under the forecast amounts but made a little recovery there at the end to salvage something white.

BTV could be in for a shellacking later. I think this next event could be a sneaky 6" for them. There's a good deal of moisture about to be pushed back into the BTV CWA, and it looks just cold enough to snow west of the mountains. BTV with 1sm -SN right now and up to 0.75" QPF coming this evening and tonight.

Curious why cold air is not draining down on the north winds east of the Greens.  Is it due to a downslope effect off of the Whites?  Any thoughts?  Obviously this is what was forecast but I am curious as to the mechanism.

There isn't much cold air to the east to drain...the best advection of cold air is going to come from the W and NW...the airmass to the N/NE is all marine tainted right now. Normally that isn't the case...and it would be draining down a cold airmass.

Steady rain starting up again, lol the PD was still doing water rescues when I got up this morning. Had a few friends tell me their streets were still closed off when they got up for classes this morning.

Won the war with the basement, 30 fill ups of the shop-vac later.

I emptied my 10 gallon vac 8 times yesterday evening just to stem the tide.

When the ground is frozen and we get these big rainers half of my basement leaks...

More vacuuming and the dehumidifier later...

Some like these ULL snows today but it looks pitiful outside of berks and litchfield county for the majority

Tonight and tomorrow look ok to me...we discussed it a bit in the other thread..def better for interior central and western areas though:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/45066-dec-9-10-storm-threat/?p=3181922

Tonight and tomorrow look ok to me...we discussed it a bit in the other thread..def better for interior central and western areas though:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/45066-dec-9-10-storm-threat/?p=3181922

Saw that.. seems to favor further west though. None of the models are overly impressive either. We'll see I guess. Hit or miss.

Steady rain starting up again, lol the PD was still doing water rescues when I got up this morning. Had a few friends tell me their streets were still closed off when they got up for classes this morning.

Won the war with the basement, 30 fill ups of the shop-vac later.

I drove through your area about an hour or two ago. 114 from Andover to Rt 1, but there was serious backup by the time I got there. I ended up taking side roads all the way down to 1A. Peabody looked like a disaster on Google Maps. I saw up to 5 roads closed on the north shore.

Archived