• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Dec 9-10 Storm Observation Thread

dryslot

lol...ya'll have irrational fears. What you hate are storms that track into PWM (most of us hate those except powderfreak)...not retro storms themselves. Otherwise you'd hate a bunch of big ones up there.

Well yeah, But you cant compare the one in 69 to these last couple the one in 2010 and this one, Certainly don't want mid levels and surface lows tracking through the mid coast and to your west at anytime

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well yeah, But you cant compare the one in 69 to these last couple the one in 2010 and this one, Certainly don't want mid levels and surface lows to your west at anytime

But '69 was a retro storm...it was just further east. That was my point...you hate the track, not the fact that it was a retro storm.

There's been others too that tracked more favorably.

Retro storms with crappy tracks probably feel worse though because places way to the southwest get snow while you are getting rain...so I can understand that part of it.

But '69 was a retro storm...it was just further east. That was my point...you hate the track, not the fact that it was a retro storm.

There's been others too that tracked more favorably.

Retro storms with crappy tracks probably feel worse though because places way to the southwest get snow while you are getting rain...so I can understand that part of it.

Yes, The track, My point as well with 69, It was further north and east but the low still stayed off shore when it backed, Not like 2010 and this one where it backed inland west

wound up with a tad shy of 3"...due to the fact that I got that much rain the day before, I am going to round up out of spite..hopefully patten change comes and we can pull a white xmas, with fresh snow. I have spots in mgy that still had snow from the last storm, so I've got a nice little base for some good radiational cooling, and maybe it will last til xmas

working down on the Connecticut shoreline now near New Haven it looks like whatever snow fell has melted and the sun is trying to come out. It looks like the radar has been very resilient over far north central and northeastern Connecticut up to the Springfield mass. area the snow just does not want to quit but it may be finally nearing the end of the road over the next hour or so.

working down on the Connecticut shoreline now near New Haven it looks like whatever snow fell has melted and the sun is trying to come out. It looks like the radar has been very resilient over far north central and northeastern Connecticut up to the Springfield mass. area the snow just does not want to quit but it may be finally nearing the end of the road over the next hour or so.

It should continue on and off into tomorrow morning. It ebbs, it flows. Watch the stuff sort of just keep regenerating in diff areas

It should continue on and off into tomorrow morning. It ebbs, it flows. Watch the stuff sort of just keep regenerating in diff areas

The best support lifts north later today, so it's going to be winding down. There might be a few leftover scattered snow showers, but it won't be like it has been today with the more defined bands going through.

Greetings from the beast. Trees crying for their mama's up here. Just turned into a snow globle last hour . Hotel gave me a credit for power issues .

Killington lodge Staff can't remember last time they lost power here. Thankfully they got it back by 1030. No qpf worries here. Simply buried at the top. Maybe 30"+

Archived