• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 9-10 Storm Observation Thread

dryslot

Yup, 22.90" so far, Don't forget to update your totals in the pinned snow table thread

One inch exactly, with 0.09" LE, so total precip since this began on Tuesday is 2.84".  Snowfall to date is 25.3", most I've recorded here thru 12/12.  2nd place is 2003 with 24.3", and the two years could hardly have accumulated more differently.  This year I've had six different events of 1" or more, while in 2003 I had two dustings plus 24" on 12/6-7.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One inch exactly, with 0.09" LE, so total precip since this began on Tuesday is 2.84".  Snowfall to date is 25.3", most I've recorded here thru 12/12.  2nd place is 2003 with 24.3", and the two years could hardly have accumulated more differently.  This year I've had six different events of 1" or more, while in 2003 I had two dustings plus 24" on 12/6-7.

9 events here, The one on thanksgiving was the biggie at 12.5" the rest were nickel dime events for the most part, Same here as well, Most snow i have had this early in the season

nice, how did you like Mt Snow

Intermediate groomer paradise. Was fun for the day given that there was plenty of powder around if you stayed towards the sides of trails and I was with a friend that I hadn't seen for a while, but I don't think it's a place I'd want to have a pass at, not enough steeps or variety for me and way too crowded. Lifts seemed to stop inordinately frequently as well. 

Also, major major thumbs down to them for having one ticket window open at the Sundance base to exchange liftopia vouchers on a day where they sold 5k tickets online. Line was wrapping around the parking lot and took over half an hour to just get tickets.

Intermediate groomer paradise. Was fun for the day given that there was plenty of powder around if you stayed towards the sides of trails and I was with a friend that I hadn't seen for a while, but I don't think it's a place I'd want to have a pass at, not enough steeps or variety for me and way too crowded. Lifts seemed to stop inordinately frequently as well.

Also, major major thumbs down to them for having one ticket window open at the Sundance base to exchange liftopia vouchers on a day where they sold 5k tickets online. Line was wrapping around the parking lot and took over half an hour to just get tickets.

ugh, yeah not my thing either

4.8" of 21:1 moist fluff, a total (and very pretty) surprise.  Radar loop suggests it was really dumping at 4-6 AM, and the uneven surface points to giant parachutes, at least toward the end.  It was a narrow band extending N-S and moving slowly SSW-ward.  Mt. Vernon cocorahs reported 6.0" on 0.36" LE with a bit of sleet, and other than that and mine there were no obs higher than 1.5" in Maine when I looked at 7:30.  (Obviously, Jeff's hadn't shown up yet.)

Archived