joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
End of Winter & Early Spring General Obs + Banter

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were breaking down the sets from my daughters theater group and loading trucks this evening

You would swear it was January

Well it is January for all intensive purposes.

MVL was at -11F when I left for work at 5am, and ended up bottoming out at -17F at 7am.

Like holy crap this is getting ridiculous.  6 minimum temperatures this month have been below -10F>.  The MVL F6 climate sheet is nuts right now for the first 16-17 days of the month.

MVL was at -11F when I left for work at 5am, and ended up bottoming out at -17F at 7am.

Like holy crap this is getting ridiculous.  6 minimum temperatures this month have been below -10F>.  The MVL F6 climate sheet is nuts right now for the first 16-17 days of the month.

:)  nice phonetic spelling...  The phrase, however, is "intents and purposes"   ...but I think I like intensive, too ... it gives rise to a notion that regardless of all levels of beady-eyed obsession, the truth is... 

Anyway check this out folks:

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2014/03/15/erin-dnt-lah-aviation-disaster-sixty-years-later.cnn.html

....that was just Lake Michigan... Now, imagine a scenario over an entire oceanic basin.  Although, evidence is beginning to mount that this is all contrived on some level. Read/heard report that the flight was less than 5000 feet, and that's only done for the purposes of avoiding radar.  That opens a Pandora's box of paranoid concerns, doesn't it -- 

Today was my 7th subzero morning this month and 5th at -10 or colder, both numbers tying 2003 - which not coincidently is my coldest March 1999-2013.  Looking at the forecast, those ties last only until tomorrow morning.  And we're probably not done yet.

Whats amazing about the MH370 flight is that it did a 180 degree turn and flew back across Malaysia without any air traffic controller alert to the Malaysian Miltary for a fighter jet intercept. They had a brief chance to find out the flights destination and pilot motive.

This is more a sad example of military capability mistrust between countries in that region that do not want to share radar data, or do so reluctantly once it's too late to do any good.

interesting theres some discussion about overmeasuring in philly, they brought up 2/5/10 which i always thought was high but not having been there myself how could i know....the 4.5 today seems a tad lofty too.....overmeasuring or cheating really dampens the enjoyment on the big storms

It didn't damper my enjoyment of this storm even in the slightest.

These and the endless swarms of wasps are why I hate summer. Oh and the time carpenter ants climbed the tree across the street, crawled along our power lines and chewed up the connection to our house Til we lost power was great too.

I had a nice swarm of them fly out of my window trim and have a giant orgy. Then they all dropped dead on the floor under my bedroom window.

And just some banter:

Why doesn't AmericanWx have some kind of "suspended for xx amount of time" policy? It seems to go from no discipline to "you're banned" in one giant leap. I am sick of hearing what LL thinks from other poster here, maybe it's time to let the guy post his stupid dance-around-the-tulips crap himself.

I also think Pete Rose should be let in the hall of fame, btw, 'cause who gives a whatever anyway. As a general policy, forgiveness and second chances is the way to go...and nobody will EVER criticize you for not giving a third chance, two strikes and you're out. We aren't talking about murderers here, just warministas and people who create multiple accounts and do other childish things. Just make the "strikes" a suspension for x amount of time, and people will get the message.

</ rant>

interesting theres some discussion about overmeasuring in philly, they brought up 2/5/10 which i always thought was high but not having been there myself how could i know....the 4.5 today seems a tad lofty too.....overmeasuring or cheating really dampens the enjoyment on the big storms

Cant vouch for all Philly storms this winter but i can tell you today I had 2" at home (~ 20 miles NW of the airport) and as I drove to work amounts increased to the point where I saw several cars that still had ~5" on them (obviously having recently pulled out of their driveways)...airport still 10 miles to the SE from there! I truly don't doubt the airport seasonal totals..been an incredible winter down this way, after two dud winters in a row..of course the two before those were epic (by any standards)!! More to come!?

And just some banter:

Why doesn't AmericanWx have some kind of "suspended for xx amount of time" policy? It seems to go from no discipline to "you're banned" in one giant leap. I am sick of hearing what LL thinks from other poster here, maybe it's time to let the guy post his stupid dance-around-the-tulips crap himself.

I also think Pete Rose should be let in the hall of fame, btw, 'cause who gives a whatever anyway. As a general policy, forgiveness and second chances is the way to go...and nobody will EVER criticize you for not giving a third chance, two strikes and you're out. We aren't talking about murderers here, just warministas and people who create multiple accounts and do other childish things. Just make the "strikes" a suspension for x amount of time, and people will get the message.

</ rant>

no thanks on letting LL back. dude was a broken record

Looks like this is the current banter thread? Just wanted to pass along info for the AmericanWx Bracket Challenge group for those who follow March Madness. Brackets due before the first game tips off tomorrow.

http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/en/group?groupID=565790&groupp=c25vdw%3D%3D&invitesource=email&inviteuser=NDEzNTE2MjA%3D&ex_cid=invite-email-tcmen

Group: AmericanWx Weenies
Password: snow

Looks like this is the current banter thread? Just wanted to pass along info for the AmericanWx Bracket Challenge group for those who follow March Madness. Brackets due before the first game tips off tomorrow.

http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/en/group?groupID=565790&groupp=c25vdw%3D%3D&invitesource=email&inviteuser=NDEzNTE2MjA%3D&ex_cid=invite-email-tcmen

Group: AmericanWx Weenies

Password: snow

Figured I would bump this. About a dozen participants so far. Have to join by tomorrow norning. The more the better

Archived