• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
End of Winter & Early Spring General Obs + Banter

TauntonBlizzard2013

Wait until the 50s comes back regarding the tropics. A stupid tropical storm moving into Long Island gets hyped now...good lord what will happen when that period comes? Of course the alarmists will blame everything on AGW and what not, but that time will come eventually.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait until the 50s comes back regarding the tropics. A stupid tropical storm moving into Long Island gets hyped now...good lord what will happen when that period comes? Of course the alarmists will blame everything on AGW and what not, but that time will come eventually.

Sandy was not a stupid TS. What are u talking about?

Really funny you mention that. I did a talk the other day to an insurance company and I started with "you think the last few years have been crazy... let's go through 1954 and 1955"

It could and someday will be many magnitudes worse. In my lifetime a 100-110+ Cane at landfall will hit Long Island and sne with those types if winds measures onshore. The damage it'll do....

You back from skiing?

yes ski thread,check my FB page have a video up,including my first ever hand held video cruise down green trail Moonstruck over by the Summit hotel. Unreal week,deep deep winter

Does anyone think JB will be right with this? Honestly I'd love a foot+ before we jump into spring, but using the UKMET as the best models seems like grasping at straws.

He has a tendency to pick the snowiest/most powerful solution and just say that's what's going to happen lol. Could he be right? Sure, but not necessarily for the right reasons IMO.

Archived