• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
End of Winter & Early Spring General Obs + Banter

TauntonBlizzard2013

I totally bow to that, but listening to the feed live and a second time the rush was to find the members of 33, no mention of 15. They made is pretty clear over the radio. I don't imagine for sure you heard it. Also, the rush to the guy in cardiac arrest was kind of sudden and during defensive ops/when they had already ordered everyone out.

thats what I understand Jay, sucks,tough stuff

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy in cardiac arrest was pulled out of the rear by a truck company. You have the roles here sorta confused. Its impossible to make any sort of guess who was who, there were more than likely members of the truck with the engine when it went bad...the confusion of who was missing happens in every fatal fire.

How do you think it went that bad so quick in the basement?I heard it started in the Boiler? And the lack of water...

I totally bow to that, but listening to the feed live and a second time the rush was to find the members of 33, no mention of 15. They made is pretty clear over the radio. I don't imagine for sure you heard it. Also, the rush to the guy in cardiac arrest was kind of sudden and during defensive ops/when they had already ordered everyone out.

From what I understand they where trapped by the 1st floor falling into the basement..everyone was order out after that except the men in the basement because there where trapped.

Two guys from trk 17 could have been the search team, it's very common for trk company's to split off in teams

How do you think it went that bad so quick in the basement?I heard it started in the Boiler? And the lack of water...

Im "hoping" (using that term kinda loosely) that the partial collapse or the heavy fire caused the loss of water. The alternative is not something im willing to consider/discuss until the grieving period is long passed.

Not going to speculate or talk any further on this..nice to see you so interested in it jay! Very sad day for Boston

Had a lot of people in the family on BFD, that are still there. Did a lot of ride alongs with e41/l14 , e4/l4 when I was a kid, even spent time in 33/15... Sad man. I had the utmost honor of riding along with rescue 1 of the FDNY post 9/11, that was a life changing night hearing stories and riding in Manhattan. Would love to work in sports, media, or FF. Hopefully one of those 3.

Not getting into this fight, but that pic doesnt show anything close to a backdraft, and it was taken later in the fire anyway.

just reading what the Chief said

Both men were apparently trapped in the basement as the fire raged, at one point making an explosion-like backdraft, officials said. The fire "was blowing like a blowtorch from the front," Boston Deputy Fire Chief Joseph Finn told reporters

just reading what the Chief said

Both men were apparently trapped in the basement as the fire raged, at one point making an explosion-like backdraft, officials said. The fire "was blowing like a blowtorch from the front," Boston Deputy Fire Chief Joseph Finn told reporters

The fire burned long enough where secondary backdrafts were certainly possible...it could have been what trapped them in the first place as well...im not going to speculate. But that pic probably isnt a backdraft.

Archived