• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
End of Winter & Early Spring General Obs + Banter

TauntonBlizzard2013

Some people do, of the ones this morning one was due to a electrical problem secondary to basement flooding the other had a foot of water in the basement

I can understand the situation with the electicity.    But just water?  Give me a break.  Run out to home depot and get pump.  Worst case, it will recede. 

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love how the areas getting nailed had no watch.

^            THIS         ^

For the past few days - very consistently - the heaviest rain were shown to fall exactly where they are falling.  Yet no watch… and just a very general hazardous weather outlook - which did not specify any particular area.  Not sure what Taunton's rationale was or ever is… but very rarely is this area a focal point for them - unless the threat has already passed - and it's to warn the more populos areas 'upstream' on any sever conditions we've already experienced.  

BTW… Just passed the 5 inch mark. 

^            THIS         ^

For the past few days - very consistently - the heaviest rain were shown to fall exactly where they are falling.  Yet no watch… and just a very general hazardous weather outlook - which did not specify any particular area.  Not sure what Taunton's rationale was or ever is… but very rarely is this area a focal point for them - unless the threat has already passed - and it's to warn the more populos areas 'upstream' on any sever conditions we've already experienced.  

BTW… Just passed the 5 inch mark. 

They have a fetish for erly upslope flow all the time, when the main forcing was boundary layer conv as we even discussed yesterday.

They have a fetish for erly upslope flow all the time, when the main forcing was boundary layer conv as we even discussed yesterday.

Yeah it was pretty clear where the forcing would be (south coast) and all the sultan signals came through perfectly. Pretty classic E CT/RI/SE Mass flood event. 

The warm front even snuck north of GON which I didn't think it would. 

Yeah it was pretty clear where the forcing would be (south coast) and all the sultan signals came through perfectly. Pretty classic E CT/RI/SE Mass flood event. 

The warm front even snuck north of GON which I didn't think it would. 

I haven't seen Steve....must be sandbagging in SW RI.

I can understand the situation with the electicity. But just water? Give me a break. Run out to home depot and get pump. Worst case, it will recede.

I pumped out many a basement during Volunteer days, a community service and excellent for community relations and most always came with a healthy donation to the Dept. Also businesses.

I think I would be pissed if I lived in VT. Obviously Rolling Stone magazine being a little glamorous here.

attachicon.gifVTheroin.png

It's obviously a parody but as a maple syrup producer it doesn't make me happy.  To associate maple syrup with heroin is irresponsible, especially using an iconic container.  I'm not sure why it's not OK to stereotype certain people but it's OK to stereotype other groups of people.

It's obviously a parody but as a maple syrup producer it doesn't make me happy.  To associate maple syrup with heroin is irresponsible, especially using an iconic container.  I'm not sure why it's not OK to stereotype certain people but it's OK to stereotype other groups of people.

I don't think that's what they are saying...it is about the recent rise of opiate addiction in Vermont. There isn't really an association between maple syrup and heroin; it's just about the culture of a traditionally clean/healthy state being affected by opiate abuse. 

It's obviously a parody but as a maple syrup producer it doesn't make me happy. To associate maple syrup with heroin is irresponsible, especially using an iconic container. I'm not sure why it's not OK to stereotype certain people but it's OK to stereotype other groups of people.

Yea. People poke fun at addicts but when your brother has struggled with heroin over a decade like mine has....and you witness the complete utter destruction inside a family, the financial and emotional impacts....i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

So fok off anyone with your "jokes" on addicts, live with it in your inner circle, see if you laugh.

I don't think that's what they are saying...it is about the recent rise of opiate addiction in Vermont. There isn't really an association between maple syrup and heroin; it's just about the culture of a traditionally clean/healthy state being affected by opiate abuse. 

It's a magazine cover doing what it hoped would happen....have a reaction and outcry from the public. Same thing they did with the marathon bombers. It's all about getting attention.

Archived