• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
End of Winter & Early Spring General Obs + Banter

TauntonBlizzard2013

I dont agree with the cover, maybe for people that dont have a close loved one hooked on it, they like the cover. For me, its a cheap hype that hits home and disturbs me. But whatever, at least it gets peoples attention so i can at least say that.

And its not just "indoor people use" and "outdoor winter enthusiasts dont". Im sorry that has close to nothing to do with the issue. My brother was an outdoor winter lover, loved skiing probably more than even the die hard skiiers in NNE. This issue goes deeper for him and for all addicts. we have a fundamental problem in our society on all levels. Unfortunately im not a great writer nor do i have the time to come up with a typhoon tip type of post on this topic while im on the crapper at work.

Sorry to derail the thread a bit but this ish is serious, and hiding behind a screenname gives me some peace to speak my mind at least.

Bullsht! My own brother lost his life to the scourge 32 years ago and that shadow has been with me since. I'm happy for the raised awareness.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

glaciers retreated,rocks stacked,soils washed out

Tripod/Triboro Rock is located less than 10 miles from the terminal moraine, thought to be the most southerly extent of glaciation, so lots of stuff got dropped off there.  Less than a mile southwest (about 14" south and 12" west, according to G.E.) is Bear Rock, an erratic about 40' long and 20' high, probably well over 1,000 tons.  Looks now like there's a beaten path to it, but back around 1960 when my friend and I camped beneath the overhang, it was a bushwhack.  (Also had yellowjackets next to the nearby brooklet, as I painfully discovered while washing up the breakfast dishes.  Wouldn't have been summer in NNJ without my finding some of those critters, or vice versa.)

Days and days

Seriously, not much of that. Maybe day 1. But over a week of pains and nausea.

I never get stomach bugs. Most of my school has had it

Sorry man...that sucks. I started feeling a little better by day 3, but it wasn't until day 4 and esp 5 where I finally felt better.

Bullsht! My own brother lost his life to the scourge 32 years ago and that shadow has been with me since. I'm happy for the raised awareness.

BS huh? Why? Raised awareness we need. Comedic attempt at a cover, not so much. Could have been done more tastefully and less "poetic". But whatever its just a cover.

My direction was to peeps who laugh at stuff like this. Until it hits home it might be funny, but when it does...well you know.

BS huh? Why? Raised awareness we need. Comedic attempt at a cover, not so much. Could have been done more tastefully and less "poetic". But whatever its just a cover.

My direction was to peeps who laugh at stuff like this. Until it hits home it might be funny, but when it does...well you know.

I think the point of the cover is to show that yes...in idyllic Vermont, land of sugaring and skiing there is some bad stuff and it's hurting local society most importantly those afflicted.

Archived