• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
End of Winter & Early Spring General Obs + Banter

TauntonBlizzard2013

No arguments here, as NNE record heat rarely translates to SNE records. 

I know that the -35 reported from Chester, MA as a state record has been disqualified.  Is that location's 107, also on 8/2/75, still valid or was it bogus as well?

AFAIK it still stands as the state record. I'm not sure what 2nd place is either.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Chester had 107 on hot Saturday as well. I'm guessing that got tossed with the state record low? They had 104 on 8/1 and 101 on 8/3.

They must have escaped the wonderful BD that passed thru Maine overnight into Sunday morning.  The BGR forecast for 8/3 had been another run at 100+, but we awoke to 70 with occasional dz on E wind.  Bliss!  (especially in our non-AC apartment.)

Its their 4th in 15 years, and 5th most all time in Ncaa history. Since 1999. They have 4.. Next closest team has 2

Is UCONN a state wide love affair or something? I see a lot pf people cheering that never went there...was wondering if it's a home state thing. I could care less about UMASS, BC, or BU, but that's just me.

Is UCONN a state wide love affair or something? I see a lot pf people cheering that never went there...was wondering if it's a home state thing. I could care less about UMASS, BC, or BU, but that's just me.

Yes. That's what happens when you have no professional sports teams.

Pretty much it is. I've followed their bball since freshmen yr in high school. College hoops is huge in CT. I love it. I rate it behind baseball and ahead of football for me. I also live 10 mins from campus so it's Imby. I go to a few games each year. They have a massive fan base. I'd liken it to Unc or Duke or KY as far as fan base

Pretty much it is. I've followed their bball since freshmen yr in high school. College hoops is huge in CT. I love it. I rate it behind baseball and ahead of football for me. I also live 10 mins from campus so it's Imby. I go to a few games each year. They have a massive fan base. I'd liken it to Unc or Duke or KY as far as fan base

what a huge recruiting bonanza this will be especially if the women's team can pull it off tonight.

Just wondering. I could care less about college sports, but maybe what JC said is also true.  I understand the whole rooting for the team where you went to school...but never understood rooting for a school that has nothing to do with you.

Just wondering. I could care less about college sports, but maybe what JC said is also true.  I understand the whole rooting for the team where you went to school...but never understood rooting for a school that has nothing to do with you.

I could care less too, but I think JC is right, no hometown pro teams and they're also good almost every year, so the fan base is understandably large-everyone loves a winner!

Just wondering. I could care less about college sports, but maybe what JC said is also true. I understand the whole rooting for the team where you went to school...but never understood rooting for a school that has nothing to do with you.

Example.. Gibbs and Ryan went to PSU, like you.. But are both huge Uconn men's hoops fans.

Example.. Gibbs and Ryan went to PSU, like you.. But are both huge Uconn men's hoops fans.

Yeah UCONN is really big in the state here... a lot of that is because we don't have a pro sports team. 

College sports isn't really big in NY/New England compared to the rest of the country (Kentucky, for example, is crazy about Louisville/UK). 

UCONN has the biggest bunch of fair weather band wagon fans on the planet.  

When I grew up in the 1990's (before they became relevant) the state didn't care about them at all...you would hardly see anything about them on the local news and they got very little attention in the newspaper.  The same is especially true with UCONN football...before they went to IA or whatever nobody would admit to being a UCONN football fan.  

Heck look at last year?  How much UCONN did you hear...very little.  Since they were banned from the tournament the fans had to find another bandwagon to jump onto

When I grew up in the 1990's (before they became relevant) the state didn't care about them at all...you would hardly see anything about them on the local news and they got very little attention in the newspaper.  The same is especially true with UCONN football...before they went to IA or whatever nobody would admit to being a UCONN football fan.  

Heck look at last year?  How much UCONN did you hear...very little.  Since they were banned from the tournament the fans had to find another bandwagon to jump onto

How's Miley? 

I remember UCONN being pretty big when Ray Allen went there in the mid 1990s...that was before they won it all in 1999 obviously.

Up here in MA they have some fans, but not nearly like CT...the rest of New England outside of CT is pretty much disinterested in college sports. Pro sports in Boston dominate the fan bases.

When I grew up in the 1990's (before they became relevant) the state didn't care about them at all...you would hardly see anything about them on the local news and they got very little attention in the newspaper. The same is especially true with UCONN football...before they went to IA or whatever nobody would admit to being a UCONN football fan.

Heck look at last year? How much UCONN did you hear...very little. Since they were banned from the tournament the fans had to find another bandwagon to jump onto

Women's Bball game tonight is the first time in any college or pro sport where the championship game features two undereated teams. Go Huskies

I remember UCONN being pretty big when Ray Allen went there in the mid 1990s...that was before they won it all in 1999 obviously.

Up here in MA they have some fans, but not nearly like CT...the rest of New England outside of CT is pretty much disinterested in college sports. Pro sports in Boston dominate the fan bases.

BC foot ball is huge

Yeah Ray Allen was a huge deal...that could have actually sparked off a huge interest in the team.  

CT has some weird sports fans...seriously...you still have the people butthurt over the Whalers leaving and continue to be too delusional and think that the Whalers will actually come back.  

I think people in CT don't use UCONN b/c it's all we have but b/c they are so good it makes them feel better or something.   

Yeah Ray Allen was a huge deal...that could have actually sparked off a huge interest in the team.

CT has some weird sports fans...seriously...you still have the people butthurt over the Whalers leaving and continue to be too delusional and think that the Whalers will actually come back.

I think people in CT don't use UCONN b/c it's all we have but b/c they are so good it makes them feel better or something.

Calhoun made UCONN

Archived