Newest Member
    e46ds1x
End of Winter & Early Spring General Obs + Banter

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what do you get out of snow? serious question

Truth is, if we got real severe around here, then snow and winter would be secondary for many. But we don't.

Anyway, it's the chase, not the snow itself which is interesting but not all that special.

Some like it for winter sporting, but that's not me personally.

what do you get out of snow? serious question

It's just something that always fascinated me since I was a kid. I love how it falls and changes the landscape. I just enjoy it, and the big storms are a rush for me as it is for you. I grew up loving coastal storms and wind. I guess what makes pedestrian snows enjoyable for me, is how many times it can change to rain.. When I was a kid, I just enjoyed whatever would fall, so I suppose even the 2-4" are enjoyable to me. I Defintely don't get excited for those as I do with larger events, but I enjoy them.

I love a good tstm too..CG always gets my blood going....but many times the storms can be lackluster.

because you sound ridiculous. lamenting falling short of arbitrary goals

I'm not going to get caught in a semantics argument here. A lot of people like snow, and tracking the event. Obviously you don't feel the same way, that doesn't make everyone else "ridiculous" though. Its a hobby that I enjoy, and many others here do as well.

I'm not sure why you come in here and troll and muck up a conversation about the end of winter. It was simply a discussion. Nobody is tossing and turning night in and night out because they didn't get a snow event, it was simply a sucky end to a good winter.

Archived