amirah5
End of Winter & Early Spring General Obs + Banter

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a proud denier

lol

That's not a surprise. If it's anything like your forecasts we should expect the opposite to actually occur. 

For someone who loves weather extremes I'm surprised you're not fully on board with a whacked out climate regime. 

The Earth goes through cycles of warming and cooling, always has and always will. No doubt we certainly enhanced the latest warming cycle we went through. Did climate change...well sure, going by definitions you can make cases and prove that there were and have been recent shifts...but what does all that mean? Well we don't know...sample size is just way to small. We can't say climate change or recent warmth will lead to more extreme weather or less extreme weather b/c we don't have much history to compare too.

For my final speech in public speaking it has to be an informative speech...persuade and my topic is going to be with climate change and my stance is what I said above.

lol

That's not a surprise. If it's anything like your forecasts we should expect the opposite to actually occur.

For someone who loves weather extremes I'm surprised you're not fully on board with a whacked out climate regime.

We've had wx extremes since the beginning of time. It's cyclical. Warming will turn to cooling soon enough. Perhaps this year. At any rate. There will always be extreme wx events. It's all about being in the right place at the right time , whether it's 1888, 1938 , or Oct 2011

We've had wx extremes since the beginning of time. It's cyclical. Warming will turn to cooling soon enough. Perhaps this year. At any rate. There will always be extreme wx events. It's all about being in the right place at the right time , whether it's 1888, 1938 , or Oct 2011

When the AMO flips the global warming alarmists will be in for a big surprise

One year ago today. If you have 10-15 min...I highly recommend you read this. This poor family lived down the street from where I used to live and the feeling of walking by the house with my son, knowing they lost theirs was numbing.  

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/04/12/loss-and-love/a19pcWz6WF5nNozPPItwYI/story.html

I can't really make out a lot of detail on the body, but a fairly common big spider around New England is the wolf spider. Where did you see it?

At my job (skating rink) inside a locker room. I thought wolf spiders were usually brown though? This was all black. Maybe I can zoom in on the photo and post a better sjot

We have wolf spiders - mostly dark gray in color - with abdomens 1/2" wide and legspan approaching 2".  Knock them off the wall and they make a distinct thud when they hit the porch.  Their webs are easily strong enough to catch sizable wasps - wouldn't be surprised if they would hold a hummingbird, at least for a bit.

We have wolf spiders - mostly dark gray in color - with abdomens 1/2" wide and legspan approaching 2". Knock them off the wall and they make a distinct thud when they hit the porch. Their webs are easily strong enough to catch sizable wasps - wouldn't be surprised if they would hold a hummingbird, at least for a bit.

They bite too I believe. Very vicious

Hmmmmm it's tough, no web nearby right?

From what I can see in that picture it looks like a relatively dark bodied wolf spider. It looks like it has a lighter patch right at the center of the "head"? The overall ratio of cephalothorax to abdomen as well as leg thickness in proportion to body certainly looks similar to the wolf spiders I've seen. It could be something else, but that's my best guess based on the image.

Hmmmmm it's tough, no web nearby right?

From what I can see in that picture it looks like a relatively dark bodied wolf spider. It looks like it has a lighter patch right at the center of the "head"? The overall ratio of cephalothorax to abdomen as well as leg thickness in proportion to body certainly looks similar to the wolf spiders I've seen as well. It could be something else, but that's my best guess based on the image.

There was no web. After everyone started lookin at it, t decided to start crawling and hit under a little thing...someone then tried to get it in a cup but it fell then it hid in a crack between the wall and floor. 20 min later it came back out and it was captured.

It did have a lighter patch right bear it's head.

It's so weird...I see some crazy spiders there and I don't know why. It's not in an area surrounded by woods and I only like a few miles up the road and never see anything like them in a house.

This thing freaked me out though. I was afraid to get close b/c it could have jumped in my face

Archived