joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 12-13 Deathband Storm, Obs Part 2

stormtracker

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up to 30 degrees here now, light freezing rain/sleet falling, 12" on the snow board with compaction - that is since the start without clearing it.  I am guessing maybe 14-15" without compaction based on some other local reports.  I am in SE Loudoun north of Manassas Battlefield.

I'm actually very glad to see sleet and ptentially dryslot this far north. It means the ULL is coming in west of where even the short range models (like HRRR) have it progged and likely the deformation band will come further north/west as well, and I may have a chance at my elusive TSSN.

Wind is picking up here too (Germantown/Gaithersburg line)

Parked under one of the nice outer bands of snow.  Probably around 13" or so.  Looks like we'll have a couple hours to catch up on some of you who sprinted out to higher totals to our east.  Very happy to see this overperforming out this way.  Was nervous with the models not getting too much here (other than the Euro).

Did the storm track more westerly than anticipated, or did the precip field just make it farther to the west?

Parked under one of the nice outer bands of snow.  Probably around 13" or so.  Looks like we'll have a couple hours to catch up on some of you who sprinted out to higher totals to our east.  Very happy to see this overperforming out this way.  Was nervous with the models not getting too much here (other than the Euro).

Did the storm track more westerly than anticipated, or did the precip field just make it farther to the west?

Congrats, jonjon. I am guessing the precip field made it further west. 

Archived