joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 12-13 Deathband Storm, Obs Part 2

stormtracker

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Normally I am a lurker (just in awe of everyone's knowledge and its better to shut up and learn!!)

10:00am obs Sharpsburg, MD

Snow started about 7pm and just POURED after midnight. Couldn't see the pine trees 50 ft from the house at times.

Currently lite to moderate snow and 24 degrees. No turnover to sleet.  I measured several spots on hard surfaces around yard and currently have 17.7 inches of snow. I had to find a yardstick to measure!!!! :snowwindow:

35.8 in Crystal City...still very light rain falling....getting noticeably windier out there

This cold light rain is torture right now :axe:  ...that ULL pivot can't get here soon enough (IF it is going to fall as snow)

37.2 if it makes you feel any better

Normally I am a lurker (just in awe of everyone's knowledge and its better to shut up and learn!!)

10:00am obs Sharpsburg, MD

Snow started about 7pm and just POURED after midnight. Couldn't see the pine trees 50 ft from the house at times.

Currently lite to moderate snow and 24 degrees. No turnover to sleet.  I measured several spots on hard surfaces around yard and currently have 17.7 inches of snow. I had to find a yardstick to measure!!!! :snowwindow:

That's awesome! Hopefully we all will get to add a little more later.

Took an hour or so to shovel the driveway and side walks.  Also went for a long walk with my daughter.  Main streets are fine and side streets that have been plowed are as well.

Snow is compacting big time.  Drizzle/lt. rain with temps rising to 37.

My sleet has put a hard cap on to of my snow that might protect it some

Total snow/sleet accum so far-7.5"

Holding at 10, which is compated to 8 or so on my board. (or still 10 on the grass which had like 11-12 earlier)

Hi res nam, rgem, RAP all want to really hit us hard with round two-- of over .5 qpf. That may be wishful thinking, but I'd like 3-4 to crack a top 10 event. 

Archived