joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 12-13 Deathband Storm, Obs Part 2

stormtracker

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sleeting/raining a little at Navy Yard right now... temp right around 32 so more rain than sleet, although it changes to snow flurries from time to time.

Said earlier we got 7.5 inches at Navy Yard... just went out and did a couple measurements from the neighborhood, while trying not to fall on the ice that is now on top of the snow, and measured a solid 8 inches on the ground in multiple locations. Maybe was even higher before the rain/sleet happened.

Really nice snow and hopefully we get a couple more inches tonight and tomorrow.

Took three or four measurements on the deck and on a table we have out there, all between 11.5" and 12.25". Didn't get a chance to measure earlier, right after the snow stopped and before the DC drip began.

Two ground measurements of 13" and 13.25".

Heck of a storm, even if we don't get much more later on.

My daughter thinks so too.

post-2076-0-71880900-1392303107_thumb.jp

Got just about 14 inches in Towson (measurements ranged from 13 to 14) before the changeover around 7:00 a.m. - then an hour or so of sleet and rain...then back to snow (got about a fresh 3/4 inch), then finally back to a light rain/sleet/snizzle mix currently.

Gonna go with 14 for this batch. Would be great to get a couple fresh inches this evening, though...

#greedy

I'm surprised how many people measure in grass. Even people who should seemingly know better.

Havent had a chance to check things yet, but any grass measurements as you know are bogus unless you shave off a certain percentage.  I was getting like 120% of my actual total in grass even without shoving my ruler hard into the ground

Archived