joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 12-13 Deathband Storm, Obs Part 2

stormtracker

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We got up to 4.5" of nice glittery fluffy snow in Toano, 40 mi SE of Richmond, when it started warming and changing over to mix at 9pm, and then rain around 10pm.  The changeover came earlier than expected.  So the net result was a little more early snow than we thought, but faster warmup and transition.

Temp near Annadale is 33.4 a 9AM. Not an offical measurement, but 12" at my house. Very light rain now. Snow plows have been through my neighborhood, so I'll soon be outside working on the driveway. May take a Jebwalk to the Starbucks at Braddock/Little River Tpk.

The storm exceeded my expectations. I'm a happy chappy. Whatever comes later will be icing on the cake.

No way, really? Severn has over 11, Dundalk has 11, and thats all you have? May be melting and compacting some, but you had to get at least 8-10 I'd think. 

Yeah, 6.5" in Glen Burnie sounded a bit off to me as well.

OT- woo hoo! I guess this storm will put me over 1000 posts. Unless I have a heart attack while shoveling my car out.

Yeah, 6.5" in Glen Burnie sounded a bit off to me as well.

OT- woo hoo! I guess this storm will put me over 1000 posts. Unless I have a heart attack while shoveling my car out.

No way, really? Severn has over 11, Dundalk has 11, and thats all you have? May be melting and compacting some, but you had to get at least 8-10 I'd think. 

Was a terrible "ob", admittedly... I'm just looking out the window.  I haven't measured - it just doesn't look like a foot others are reporting.

Archived