Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice band ripping from PWM over to Lake Winnipesaukee in NH

Yeah, we had that over us for about half an hour before it slid north. Wish it would've hung around. Back to light stuff here, but steadier than this morning's flurries. Temp's still dropping; now at -0.3.

There is a 15 degree temp drop over 5 miles with that coastal front now. low teens just W of Boston to 26 at the airport. Down to 6-8 above many places in Middlesex/Essex Counties. Steady light snow continuing here, not accumulating that much but better than it looks on radar.

I agree.

I'm on the west tip. Ugh.

I'll drive ti my sister's near the N Reading line.

Crazy gradients abound today.

There is prob a decent gradient across n reading itself> toward Middleton.

I really wont be surprised to see a really big number come from the topsfield-Georgetown-Ipswich area by dark. As in a foot.

Latest frame shows wakefield -stoneham getting in on heavier OE extending off the essex band

Can this be true? Mets

Beverly Airport has reported ~0.09" of liquid equivalent. If towns around there are reporting 6-8" of snow...off the charts ratios.

Not a chance. What is true is that automated gauges really struggle to capture all the precip. Some with heaters may come close, but more often than not winds blow it past the gauge or snow and ice clog the opening if there is no heater.

About 5" on the ground already here in Plaistow, NH. Local weather stations are still saying we "might see 2-4 inches by dark" but seem disconnected with the fact that we had that already by noontime. Am I right that I should be still expecting 10" additional or will I really only get about 5" additional from the main storm? Seems like I'll certainly get more overnight that during the day today, no?

Archived