joxey
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just brutal for a low elevation...

KPBG 022001Z AUTO 36011KT 3/4SM -SN VV019 M24/M28 A3026 AO2 P0000

Under 1 mile visibility snow with wind chill of -35F with ambient temp of -12F at 3pm in the afternoon at Plattsburgh in the Champlain Valley.  That's true north slope of Alaska type stuff.

Yeah sounds like you guys are getting the classic upslope/lake effect type snow right now... low reflectivity, easily accumulating stuff.  The type of thing where you have a few inches and can still see the ground, lol.

I mentioned this yesterday as a PF upslope kind of snowstorm, wow on the 8 plus in areas already, down here at work about 1/2 inch

Eyeballing it from my office in Medway, I'd say we're at about 1" to 1.5".

I'm in Medway as well...thats right on the money...we are in the subsidence of those bands that keep firing up south of Taunton and propagating northward...its quite common for Medway to be in the suckerhole...and Ray was worried...

I was talking with a friend from Franklin last night and I told him there was going to be a huge departure between the haves and the havenots...this storm never had the dynamics to produce a generally uniform snowfall...and where's there's banding, there's subsidence...cant have one without the other

Careful with weenie tweet pics.

If topsfield has 8" at 1 and the whole area around them was lit up, (which means someone most likely had more by then) why would it be hard to believe now, curious

Id bet anythin that whole triangle is mostly over 10 of fluff powder now (g town-Ipswich-topsfield)

Archived