joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I could figure out how to post pictures, but for some reason, when I take a picture with my phone and email it to myself, my computer won't let me open it.  Says that the windows photo viewer doesn't work, and may need to be updated.  Think I might have given myself about 15 viruses trying to find a photo viewer to download that will open these damn things.  Anyway, probably around 10" now, if I had to make a best guess.  Plow just came to the house for the first time.  If this is really just the beginning of this storm, then I expect him to come 2-3 more times between now and the end.

What time is this supposed to wrap up tomorrow?  Trying to figure out whether to tell my employees that we'll be closed for the day, or maybe open up around noon. 

I said last night that I thought forecasts were going to end up being low.  At least for this area, seems to easily be the case.  I think we're already into the 8-12 range, and folks are saying that we haven't hit the meat of the storm yet.  Kind of crazy.

Beverly Airport has reported ~0.09" of liquid equivalent. If towns around there are reporting 6-8" of snow...off the charts ratios

I don't buy it. Sure the ratios are good...but most likely a lot of that is due to problems with the windy conditions. I bet there is more like .25 or .30. Still 25:1 ratios imo but nothing like what he is implying.

I'm with you and others. Objectively makes no sense.

In terms of snowfall intensity, winds, duration, can't see northern areas all the way up to Maine verifying while Boston does not.

It almost feels like an calculated skip over the Boston metro to downplay / avoid hype.

I don't get it at all. Would include just to stress severity of the event to the general public. I already had my dad ask me via text "Is this storm fizzling out? Not much happening. Bust"

TDWR has been awesome. You can see the bands reforming south near BOS now behind the CF which is about stalled.

Damn thing is teasing us. It flirted with me for a second there and sucked back out over the ocean.

I wish I could figure out how to post pictures, but for some reason, when I take a picture with my phone and email it to myself, my computer won't let me open it.  Says that the windows photo viewer doesn't work, and may need to be updated.  Think I might have given myself about 15 viruses trying to find a photo viewer to download that will open these damn things.  Anyway, probably around 10" now, if I had to make a best guess.  Plow just came to the house for the first time.  If this is really just the beginning of this storm, then I expect him to come 2-3 more times between now and the end.

What time is this supposed to wrap up tomorrow?  Trying to figure out whether to tell my employees that we'll be closed for the day, or maybe open up around noon. 

I said last night that I thought forecasts were going to end up being low.  At least for this area, seems to easily be the case.  I think we're already into the 8-12 range, and folks are saying that we haven't hit the meat of the storm yet.  Kind of crazy.

Keep in mind that the 2nd half will be much more robust  to the se of us.

Current Temperatures across the area at 5pm

32F Marshfield

30F Taunton

30F Falmouth

29F Chatham

28F Brockton

28F Fall River Ma

27F Long Island (Boston Harbour Island)

25F Canton

24F Marblehead

22F Gloucester

21F Winthrop

20F New Haven CT

19F Providence RI

18F Roxbury

16F Hartford

14F Springfield MA

14F Greenfield MA

12F Logan Intl

12F Norwood

12F Waltham

11F Back Bay

9F Watertown

7F Lexington

6F Boxford

6F Worcester

5F Lawrence

4F Manchester NH

3F Portsmouth NH

-2F Portland ME

-8F Bangor ME

-11F Burlington VT

-13F Montreal Quebec

-20 Northern Aroostock Airport ME

Current Temperatures across the area at 5pm

32F Marshfield

30F Taunton

30F Falmouth

29F Chatham

28F Brockton

28F Fall River Ma

27F Long Island (Boston Harbour Island)

25F Canton

24F Marblehead

22F Gloucester

21F Winthrop

20F New Haven CT

19F Providence RI

18F Roxbury

16F Hartford

14F Springfield MA

14F Greenfield MA

12F Logan Intl

12F Norwood

12F Waltham

11F Back Bay

9F Watertown

7F Lexington

6F Boxford

6F Worcester

5F Lawrence

4F Manchester NH

3F Portsmouth NH

-2F Portland ME

-8F Bangor ME

-11F Burlington VT

-13F Montreal Quebec

-20 Northern Aroostock Airport ME

Milton Academy is 16 degrees and Im barely east of them at 25.4 (Less than a mile)

Archived