joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impossible to tell what's on the ground. Around 4 or 5 I think. Half of my driveway is bare pavement. Half has a foot. This snow almost looks fake it's so powdery. It's been snowing here all day, light to moderate, even when the radar showed overcast. Crazy storm so far.

I'm down to 19 and dropping fast

Just looking at the TDWR radar base radial velocity 20 deg elevation radar, I believe you can pick up the CF with some slight color variations in Norfolk County.  Looks like its running from just south of E. Milton Sq, to the 128/24 intersection to Stoughton Ctr (1/3 mile from my house, I'm still at 24.3) to N. Easton. 

I'm about 1/2 mile east of 24 and 3/4 mile south of 128. Still holding at 24 F, but waiting for the plunge. Absolutely no idea how much snow so far with the wind, but I can see about 7 or 8 on top of a garbage can.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

I'm just on the edge, dude....18" in West Newbury!!!!

Its like les.

Yep, I'd say we're probably around 10 here in Andover, but at my office, we were probably close to that in North Andover about 3 hours ago.  These numbers really don't surprise me.  All day, I've been reading posts here saying a couple inches, 3, 5 and wondering what the hell was going on.  Glad someone else is in the area and can verify that I'm not losing my mind. 

can see it coming and soon. should be hitting in an hour or so

HRRR reflectivites are kind of blah around here through a good part of the early night but don't seem to be in sync with ground truth.

All I know is that part 1 the WAA was a dud here and part 2 the OES stuff was a dud as it mainly missed NW.  Still nice and wintry out there. 

28.6 F  Rare small flakes.  1" new today.  Feels exactly like the Snow-hole of March 7th 2013..... I need a new hobby.  The rich will get richer overnight and the poor will stay poor.

Should be ok with this one,  not gonna be like the EMA with there huge totals, but maybe up to 9-12  in RI

Archived