EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This event reminds me of Jan 2005 in that N of Boston jumped out to the early lead, with the oe/waa couplet early on in a super arctic environment, then the we lulled an the 2nd part pounded the s shore and cape.

I think this will be a more progressive version.

The snow is absolute carbon copy from that event. 

This event reminds me of Jan 2005 in that N of Boston jumped out to the early lead, with the oe/waa couplet early on in a super arctic environment, then the we lulled an the 2nd part pounded the s shore and cape.

And James was trashed for mentioning it. Understanding it's not the same thing but it kind of follows the pattern of many KUs which this certainly will be.

Entering the timeframe upon which the CF makes it's drastic crash and stalls eventually. Essex country jackpot time is transitioning to BOS proper to canal time. Best convergence is on the move. HRRR has showed this well.

Some mixing with rain on south shore though reported as far north as Marshfield. I think Scott is sitting pretty.

I shied away from the comparison (after James was scolded for doing so)... and not saying this is anywhere close... but last time I saw obs like the 6pm Logan readings was that morning of the 23rd 2005.

Entering the timeframe upon which the CF makes it's drastic crash and stalls eventually. Essex country jackpot time is transitioning to BOS proper to canal time. Best convergence is on the move. HRRR has showed this well.

Some mixing with rain on south shore though reported as far north as Marshfield. I think Scott is sitting pretty.

I don't believe the rain reports. Snow grains but no rain.

Essex Totals to the minute : 

...ESSEX COUNTY...
BOXFORD 16.0 604 PM 1/02 PUBLIC
ROWLEY 15.8 611 PM 1/02 HAM RADIO
GEORGETOWN 15.0 615 PM 1/02 HAM RADIO
TOPSFIELD 12.2 438 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER
PEABODY 10.0 512 PM 1/02 PUBLIC
WEST NEWBURY 9.5 401 PM 1/02 GENERAL PUBLIC
ROCKPORT 9.0 457 PM 1/02 MEDIA
IPSWICH 9.0 458 PM 1/02 HAM RADIO
METHUEN 8.0 626 PM 1/02 HAM RADIO
SAUGUS 7.5 304 PM 1/02 GENERAL PUBLIC