northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we will see about that once in a couple decades back here, i hope so but frankly that 4.5 inch clipper with ten degree temps the other day was way more cool back this way , if we can get into some of that good stuff downstream then perhaps otherwise this is a unique event really only for the other areas.....

SNOWING HARD HERE IN SE NEWENGLAND THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Niantic is considered SE New England?   When did that happen?  :)

Epic blowing and drifting right now. 2' drifts.

Congrats, Scott.  No qpf worries for you, my friend. 

Too bad that screw zone is heading this way.  Hopefully that'll fill in as the low pulls east.

4.9/2

I just went outside and measured the snow in a few places in my front yard.  I can use the front yard because the ice and snowpack was rock hard this morning.  The average measurement was very close to 4.5 inches of snowfall.

At this point I'm hoping for two things from this storm:

1. Someone somewhere gets 30+ inches

2. The forecast for the Mount Washington Valley verifies at 6-8 inches

Dumping snow here finally within the past hour.  Encouraged by radar returns and general flow to our southwest.  Steady stream of moisture from the Mid Atlantic to SNE.  Everyone who got sucker holed all day, with the exception of the Islands, looks to be in on the action....

Kinda weird how we did better up here. The best banding/snow growth combo just setup a bit north of you.

Yeah I still haven't hit 4''. I was worried that might happen but oh well. Best not to have high expectations when you're hanging your hat on fickle WAA bands.

Dry slot still wants to straddle the cape and I am on the fringe. Could go either way.

Don't forget guys it's 27 here not going to see 30 to 1 ratios.

I'm interested in seeing how readily those developing heavier bands s of Boston want to ride n....very suspicious that they may just hang out there.

Archived