joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

might as well be the Debbie downer...i haven't been able to get out of bed...no strength, massive headache, can't eat...all I can do is lay here, and lift my head up every now and the to look out the window...i shouldn't waste the energy...ive been in subsidence all day

Sounds like the same thing I had 3 days ago, no fun. Noticed on the obs the winds at BOS really died down after the coastal front moved back SE. Am assuming that is just temporary (KBED to the NW was gusting to 24 last hour).

Good stuff coming your way man, sometimes it happens, enjoy what you get tonight

No doubt, don't necessarily mind either since I still have to commute back to Fairfield. I fear a decent chunk of CT might get "screwed" per say, but who knows for sure where that will be, and regardless I think we are all a lock for at least 5-6 inches.

I'm not weather expert by any means, but I'm telling you guys that the obs from Essex County are true.  I just left my office in North Andover and came home to Andover, and there seems to be a bit less at home than at the office, but not a lot.  It's only about 2-3 miles from each other.  Either way, we have somewhere between 7-9 inches would be my best guess. 

I don't know what's going on with the radar, but right now, the radar I look at online (been using it for years, it's through another member's site here, it's the interactive radar at atkinsonweather.com) and it's showing nothing at the moment directly over my house.  When I look out the window, I see moderate to heavy snow.  Basically, whatever you see on radar is much less than what's actually happening in Essex Co.

That said, I think we're going to see much higher than anticipated totals because of the ratios.  I have no way of gauging what they are, but I can say with certainty that this is the lightest, fluffiest snow I've ever seen in my 37 years of life.  According to the temp in my car, it's 7 degrees outside.  You can literally not clean the snow off your car, and after you drive about 10mph, you will have no snow on your car.  That should give an indication of what this is like.  Someone said earlier that you could see pavement through a couple of inches of snow, and I didn't know what that meant until I went outside and sure enough, I could see the pavement in the parking lot through an inch or two of snow.  Thought I'd seen it all at this point, having lived here my whole life, but this is pretty cool to see.  It's like little snowflake shaped feathers falling all around.

Archived