Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing well here in Cumberland as the roads look like 6 inches fell as nothing is melting and I've been Staying in a good band for a while.  I just drove down to Exeter and all the way back to see a friend and Cumberland was the Worst and was snowing the Most.  Can't complain.  But 1.5" is Way off you guys with 5-7!  Damn!  

That is the band I was saying along the CF. I think because the LLJ near 850 is stronger up there it is causing better overrunning in Essex county. CF looks like its inching SE so as the 850 low develops, we may see this spreading south and maybe expanding later this aftn.

I'll let them borrow the CF for the beginning of the storm and have them bring it south later.

Doing well here in Cumberland as the roads look like 6 inches fell as nothing is melting and I've been Staying in a good band for a while.  I just drove down to Exeter and all the way back to see a friend and Cumberland was the Worst and was snowing the Most.  Can't complain.  But 1.5" is Way off you guys with 5-7!  Damn!  

6 inches in Cumberland??????

At the office now in North Andover, and it's been pouring snow for a good long while. Not sure about 7 inches, but definitely 5+.  Was surprised when it started snowing pretty steadily around 3:00 a.m. at home in Andover.  Think most forecasts are going to turn out to be low.

That is the band I was saying along the CF. I think because the LLJ near 850 is stronger up there it is causing better overrunning in Essex county. CF looks like its inching SE so as the 850 low develops, we may see this spreading south and maybe expanding later this aftn.

The snow in the parking lot at work is incredibly high ratio stuff. Its like uoslope can see the ground thru 2"

Someone in Essex is going to get 2 feet if those 8 inch reports right now are true.

Slow and steady in se mass. Looks like many will have 3-5 before the main show. Was expecting an inch from this part.... Over performed from my point of view.

Hopefully 10-12 tonight with the coastal. That would put us right in 14-18 just about.

I think the reports of 8 in Topsfield are likely to be fairly close to accurate.  I have roughly 5" here in Lynn and north-central Essex county has definitely had stronger echoes throughout the morning. 

The coastal front is most likely further contributing to the OES mechanism up there

At the office now in North Andover, and it's been pouring snow for a good long while. Not sure about 7 inches, but definitely 5+.  Was surprised when it started snowing pretty steadily around 3:00 a.m. at home in Andover.  Think most forecasts are going to turn out to be low.

You suck.

Oh, man...just missed.

Someone in Essex is going to get 2 feet if those 8 inch reports right now are true.

Slow and steady in se mass. Looks like many will have 3-5 before the main show. Was expecting an inch from this part.... Over performed from my point of view.

Hopefully 10-12 tonight with the coastal. That would put us right in 14-18 just about.

I can confirm that if we aren't at 8 inches, we are pretty close to it in Essex county.  Got into my office on 114 in North Andover, near Merrimack College, 2 hours ago, and there was probably 4 inches on the ground.  Just went out to clean it off, and have at least 3 new since then.  The lightest, fluffiest snow I can ever remember.  Live in Andover, about 2 miles from here and it's pretty much the same.

Archived