Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noose worthy sg here much of the morning. Banding went a little too far N. Im not closing the shades yet, I think things will improve later today. Im at about 2.8".

I'm still stuck at 2'' on the nose. I've always had low expectations for round 2, but the WAA precip has been really disappointing here.

Yup. I would say 3" or so here. RPM suggests we don't really go to town until 7pm tonight or thereafter.

I'm still stuck at 2'' on the nose. I've always had low expectations for round 2, but the WAA precip has been really disappointing here.

Yeah I was expecting more out of the waa too. Well see the gfs may be overdone but it gives this area another ~0.5"qpf

Just a glorious day to be in Boston... enjoy it, guys... I hope to pull an 8 spot down here with hints of an inverted trough ... this long duration overrunning then coastal reminds me of a Dec 2003-lite up your way.  Overrunning snows hand off to secondary development but you'd never know it with the persistent snows.  12+ seems a lock for Jerry and co. 

Ocean waves reaching about halfway across Morrissey Blvd

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bc_M-8KCEAARN3f.jpg:large

Wow already, worse won't happen until tomorrow high tide cycle.  Also lightning in the GOM still, over 1500 lightning strikes reported.  Also on water vapor imagery the highest cloud tops are back building to the west over NYC and PHL right now.  No snow right now, but banding will redevelop over the area as snow bands work their way on shore from the south.

I thought model progs for the best frontogenesis were pretty accurate yesterday. Had this band of snow pegged across our southern zones. When I saw the best frontogenesis over the MA border, I figured best QPF would be to the cool side of that.

BTV is -8F with 1.25sm -SN...wind chill -26F.

Not bad for midday temps. This is about as extreme as it gets for snow temps up this way.

Wind chills running -20 to -40 in spots now.

MWN is 0 with a 13 mph wind. I have at least a dozen sites in the CWA with worse conditions than that.

I thought model progs for the best frontogenesis were pretty accurate yesterday. Had this band of snow pegged across our southern zones. When I saw the best frontogenesis over the MA border, I figured best QPF would be to the cool side of that.

Yeah I think they were modeled well. I was hoping they wouldn't push too far N (for mby), but signal was kinda there on those fronto maps for them to push N.

These bands coming into the south coast mean business. It goes from nothing to S+ for about 20 minutes, then back to almost nothing. Flakes increase in size while it's dumping, then pixie dust for the lull

About to head back to Raynham now. 24 should be covered

Feels like with each band we're ramping up as everything begins to align better.  Best snows of the storm right now.

Archived