Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can confirm that if we aren't at 8 inches, we are pretty close to it in Essex county. Got into my office on 114 in North Andover, near Merrimack College, 2 hours ago, and there was probably 4 inches on the ground. Just went out to clean it off, and have at least 3 new since then. The lightest, fluffiest snow I can ever remember. Live in Andover, about 2 miles from here and it's pretty much the same.

That's awesome, I'm really rooting for someone to get 2 feet..... Don't think it's going to be down this way though

I can confirm that if we aren't at 8 inches, we are pretty close to it in Essex county.  Got into my office on 114 in North Andover, near Merrimack College, 2 hours ago, and there was probably 4 inches on the ground.  Just went out to clean it off, and have at least 3 new since then.  The lightest, fluffiest snow I can ever remember.  Live in Andover, about 2 miles from here and it's pretty much the same.

Wow...next town over from me.

Since I live on the west tip of towm, prob SOL, but N Wilmington maybe in.

I wonder if the east side of Wilmington is in on that...

I can't imagine it'll be much different.  Flake size has gotten progressively better all day here.  Not sure what time you left the house for work, but I think  you'll be surprised when you get back.  I drove 93 from Andover to Somerville this morning, and the cutoff where it was heavier seemed to be around 128.  That was about 11 this morning, and then drove back to the office from there and got here around noon, and it's only picked up more since then.

I checked the obs out of BED  and LWM for 1/23/05, lowest temps during that event were 9 degrees at both locations. Getting a significant snowfall in these parts with temps under 10 is fairly rare. Obvious this event wont compare at all wrt snowfall and winds but was just looking for other events with such cold temps.

I can't imagine it'll be much different.  Flake size has gotten progressively better all day here.  Not sure what time you left the house for work, but I think  you'll be surprised when you get back.  I drove 93 from Andover to Somerville this morning, and the cutoff where it was heavier seemed to be around 128.  That was about 11 this morning, and then drove back to the office from there and got here around noon, and it's only picked up more since then.

Man...Raul in Burlington as 4"...I have a bit under that here in KBED.

Can't wait toi head home to see what I find..

Models 4mb too weak with the surface low at 18z.  18z models had the low around 1008mb, and around 00z tonight the models had the low still at 1008mb, while the low at 19z is over southern WV at around 1004.8mb and pressures all around the area of VA, WV and NC around 1007mb.  Much deeper overall than the models indicated.  What this means is a potential stronger and deeper low before it moves off the coast.  Could mean more snow further north.

I would think looking at twdr radar there could be sign diff. Between ne and sw sides of Wilmington. Peabody as well, but who knows, impressed Peabody has 7 bc radar is much brighter on twdr about 5 to 15 miles due north (along 95)

Like some obs outta Georgetown , 10 prolly

I agree.

I'm on the west tip. Ugh.

I'll drive ti my sister's near the N Reading line.

Models 4mb too weak with the surface low at 18z.  18z models had the low around 1008mb, and around 00z tonight the models had the low still at 1008mb, while the low at 19z is over southern WV at around 1004.8mb and pressures all around the area of VA, WV and NC around 1007mb.  Much deeper overall than the models indicated.  What this means is a potential stronger and deeper low before it moves off the coast.  Could mean more snow further north.

RAP has had it pegged at 1005mb for 18 and 19Z

Archived