• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Discuss the Blizz of 2010 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

RUC got ripped all afternoon by everyone on here.. Will said it was a horrific model outside of the first 3-5 hours or so, lol.

It did seem to nail the heavier bands in E.NY though, but its western edge was a bit too large.

It was awful in positions of lp though...abysmal.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here in spfd looks like about three inches or so..waited all week for this???? are u kidding me??? And it is suppossed to wind down in like seven hrs??

Been snowing since noon time too...nws disc taunton earlier this evening still calling for a foot through the area??? Hows that gonna happen again?? lol lol lol

Yeah, I saw, but that was near ORE, not here.

I love Matt Noyes, but I don't know about that 18-24'' map he's still showing.

Great met, great guy, really knows his stuff. But... he's always too bullish on winter wx. He's usually more "right" than you might initially expect but definitely the aggressive "go for it" type forecaster.

NAM bufkit profile for GYX says we peak at 50-55 mph up here later tonight and lasting through much of tmrw. The soundings seem to to be verifying well to this point... so it could get pretty damn nasty. If the nam isn't totally on crack, it says we have 20-30 microbars in the sgz between roughly 3 and 7 am...that spells 1 to 2" per hour rates coinciding with those winds.

Called into GYX around 10:45 we are up to 2.5", Next measurement in 15 mins

Here in spfd looks like about three inches or so..waited all week for this???? are u kidding me??? And it is suppossed to wind down in like seven hrs??

Been snowing since noon time too...nws disc taunton earlier this evening still calling for a foot through the area??? Hows that gonna happen again?? lol lol lol

Just like many times last year, you really have to go deep down in the Carolinas to find a place comparable to the CT Valley during these storms. Predicted or not, the radar echoes right now over there are laughable.

Sweet! I hope my power holds ... though at these wind speeds that's a pipe dream.

Not sure of my accums. Measured out the door a bit ago at 2.5" but it was right next to the house and I could see deeper areas on the deck rail. Hella windy out here.

I have about 3. It's not pouring snow...vsby has been between a 1/2 mile and 1 mile for the most part. I am a bit concerned about the wind...I'm currently renting a lake house on little Sebago in Gray and the wind tends to rip right off the lake. So I'm worried about power and I'm also thinking I should find another place to park my car...some pretty big pines could fall from the n/nw right onto the driveway if the winds start to get real nasty.

It brought the huge banding well up and past ALB....so yeah, it did a terrible job. It also changed me over to nearly rain with the 850 0C line.

RUC did not do well. Mesoscale models like the MM5 and SREF did well.

Yeah, too far northwest with the precip shield... however the signal was there for enhancement in S.VT/Berks/E.NY... but the meso-scale models did a much better job of that and actually were almost spot on.

I do feel for the folks in the CT River Valley. It seems like over here in the Hudson Valley we will end up with more than them, even though we are many, many more miles west of the storm.

I have about 3. It's not pouring snow...vsby has been between a 1/2 mile and 1 mile for the most part. I am a bit concerned about the wind...I'm currently renting a lake house on little Sebago in Gray and the wind tends to rip right off the lake. So I'm worried about power and I'm also thinking I should find another place to park my car...some pretty big pines could fall from the n/nw right onto the driveway if the winds start to get real nasty.

If that happens, contact that kid from West Hartford... be sure to give your street name and pant size

Wind is still ripping. As for snow, maybe next time...Kevin, I feel your pain.

Not snowing in Woodstock? How much you get so far? Won't be heading back to Brooklyn for a few days. LOL we have 10 or more inches here in Northwest Berkshires, Ma where I am - a place that was supposed to get less than Windham county ct.

Windham County, CT - FTL.

RAD is degenerating over me....I suspect inside of rt 128 will be fine.

Give me drip, drip over these cold, banded, dry sluts any day.....

I could tell the cf was gonna end up over Bermuda...when that happens, you do not want to be outside of rt 128.

I am getting the same crap, only about 6 or 7 inches in Concord.

Totally OT, but I know people who own a second house on Little Sebago and they rent it out. I wonder ...

Anyway, let's get the good snow in here. I'm tired of this powdered sugar.

This radar sucks...I'm about ready to just go stand under a tree and hope the wind blows it down...but with my luck the damn tree will just fall the opposite way of where I'm standing.

Yeah, that's not just a Ct Valley dry slot. It stretches from the Quabbin to the E. Slope of the Berks. Hopefully fills in soon.

I'm just to the north of it currently with SN still falling. Tiny flakes right now though.

Archived