Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Discuss the Blizz of 2010 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5.5" here in the snow department

In other exciting news, my 3 year old just barfed everywhere so I will be doing laundry and reading on the board for a while, but no more measuring for me until morning...

Stupid neighbors shut off their lights, too, so I have nothing to see that is outside of the lights on my house.

Another weird thing was the wind blew all of the snow off my deck rails from Monday-Wednesday's stuff... Very interesting storm

Hoping for 12", but might come in lower.

I think you are going to do well over the next 8-10 hours...it might not be pretty in intervals the next coupel hours, but I think it will keep coming together for you. I still think you break 15"....i don't know if it will be 15 or 19...but you will pile it up i think. I could be wrong though.

I'm going out to check here in a sec. I'm on the phone with antsy client, lol.

My guess is 14"....I hope to verify my 15-25", though. lol Obviously has to be lower end....

At your place or in your area?

Few shingles off but no big deal, par for the course. Some fake siding torn off nearby, and larger portions of roofs. Again though, happens every 3-5 years. Winds not bad here now not sure why, just normal 30-40.

I think I'm all snow. Still at 24.6...BOS down to 28 (was 32..) so it appears it's been beaten back. You should be good for 3-6 on the crashing hts and storm moving out under us after midnight.

Surface temps here want to rise, 36 again as the front wobbles but we are still seeing a decent percentage of frozen and it's still accumulating on the windows as it slides down. It's going to try to push back some but probably east of 24. Dynamics are probably going to help a ton.I don't think I'll see much/any snow here on the backside but the banding could sneak back down. I don't do well here with this track. Frankly I don't care long as SR gets 6-12+

He may struggle to 10

He had 6 before he went to bed at 8pm, he's had 10dbz to sometimes 20dbz over him off and on between 0dbz, I'm betting he'll report more than 10"

I think you are going to do well over the next 8-10 hours...it might not be pretty in intervals the next coupel hours, but I think it will keep coming together for you. I still think you break 15"....i don't know if it will be 15 or 19...but you will pile it up i think. I could be wrong though.

I'm going out to check here in a sec. I'm on the phone with antsy client, lol.

I'm in south Wilmington, Mass and have about 8" now (Jacquith ROAD)

as of 11:15PM.

Whoa, Just had a gust to 42 mph........... :yikes:

NAM bufkit profile for GYX says we peak at 50-55 mph up here later tonight and lasting through much of tmrw. The soundings seem to to be verifying well to this point... so it could get pretty damn nasty. If the nam isn't totally on crack, it says we have 20-30 microbars in the sgz between roughly 3 and 7 am...that spells 1 to 2" per hour rates coinciding with those winds.

Archived