joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Discuss the Blizz of 2010 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah just saw that. I thought it was maybe a radar glitch but I guess not.

I'm still getting hammered just 20mi north of you.

WTF is it with that dry slot from blue hell in MA ...Springfield to NOHO.....ugly!

The dry slot has ventured up to God's country for a rare visit. Doubt it'll stay long, but it's good to know it gets out of the lowlands once in a while.

Yeah ain't happening here. I think there's going to be a screw zone from W RI west toward C CT. Litchfield County is going to cash in.

Condolescences to all in the hole. I think we're going to get the 12-18 but probably in the low to mid range, and not the upgraded 2 feet Upton gave BDR. It all depends on how the NJ bands go since they are obviously winning beyond belief.

Sure, but they won't pivot over us.

This will be a major, wonderful event, but there are reasons why the ones on hallowed ground are as such....everything needs to evolve perfectly and that hasn't happened for us.

Don't worry my friend. I was a little Pessimistic at first but I think after hearing Harvey and seeing the NAM , MMF ( that map that was just posted here a couple or so pages ago. I think the Boston area is in for a pleasent or may not so pleasant supprize, depending if you like snow of course.:popcorn:

Any aviation buffs know why this Beechcraft (a small, commercial turboprop that seats 19) is the only commercial flight flying into any of the big NE airports?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/GGN7428/history/20101227/0150Z/CYYZ/KBDL

KBDL 270251Z 36025G34KT 1/4SM R06/4500V5500FT SN FZFG BLSN VV003 M06/M08 A2926 RMK AO2 PK WND 35036/0215 SFC VIS 1/2 SLP910 P0003 60010 T10561078 58065 $=

Getting there. We have the winds. Now I just need the +SN 1/4mi vis.

Strongest sustained winds of the night right now (and for the last 20 minutes). Just constant, screaming winds. Temps have been edging down as well. 32.5/32 Down .5 in the past 15-20 minutes.

Heavy heavy snow ATM...as heavy as I've seen all day.

I'm just west of 24 (near the Milk Bottle restaurant)., FYI

Once again a case where using the mid level circulations and highlighting the best forcing locations in model world, and adjusting northwest of model, works again. It's going to sound really picky of me, but I am bitter bc I could have been at my place in NYC where reports are over a foot already with sick dendrites and deformation. And instead I am in this more cellular convective forced precip with crappy dendritic growth in central CT.

Certainly am impressive storm for me, and now over yet, but I think when all said and done the wind will be my headline here.

Archived