Newest Member
    joxey
Discuss the Blizz of 2010 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7.5" Getting Creamed. Just Barely! To my immidiate W, S, and SW is just "ok"

Has anyone noticed how between me in extreme NE RI to Foxboro, MA there has been a consistant heavy band.....exACTly what the models have been showing for about days??

How has it been SO exact?

#1 lived most of my life there, aside of the last few years it's always been the snow jackpot in noreasters in SE NE.

#2 models hit it hard for days like you said.

#3 partly the coastal front partly the best dynamics other than that

The jackpot may shift a touch ENE but you'll still get croaked later, you always do.

I dunno... I think I could still pull off a foot. Satellite loop does show some of the colder cloud tops moving east a bit. I dunno though.

I think we might come real close, the radar just off to our west doesn't look bad at all but we need that stuff to work east a bit or develop...still getting some decent bands to work in from the SE but we have really yet to see some great snow growth to get some good snowfall rates. I'd like to see some 1''/HR stuff occur at some point.

When is the last big storm they were the jackpot?

Well, we haven't had many huge, memorable events of late, but they jackpot in many of the more mod, 6-12 deals.

They are for enough from the ocean so that they don't moderate.....they capitalize from the ne fetch supplying moisture and being augmented by oragraphic lifting....and they are situated int he middle of SNE, so it's tough to really screw them.

my anemometer just broke off my davis! the 3 little wind cups are missing? Im sure I tightened them with that mini allen wrench. Anyway the wind is the main story down here making all kinds of crazy sounds. before they disapeared into the wild blue yonder I have these winds in the last hour 52,56,61 in gusts sustained in the 30's and was building.

Archived