• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Discuss the Blizz of 2010 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

BOS appears to have beat it back...dropping temp now..

KBOS 270254Z 02024G34KT 1/2SM R04R/3000V5000FT SN FZFG SCT003 BKN007 OVC011 M01/M01 A2926 RMK AO2 PK WND 03043/0157 TWR VIS 1 1/4 SLP906 P0003 60006 T10061011 56072

wonder if that is a wobble or the beginning of the retreat. sometimes we see that boundary shift back and forth at times as the wind wobbles N/NE...hopefully it's the start of the retreat

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just sounded like a freight train rolled through my yard. Even though the accumulation numbers aren't stellar at the moment, the winds have been strong and most should see at least 8-10" so I can't complain for this being the first major snow of the season.

yeah, but with all the hype, I'd be disappointed with only 8'

wonder if that is a wobble or the beginning of the retreat. sometimes we see that boundary shift back and forth at times as the wind wobbles N/NE...hopefully it's the start of the retreat

I'm wondering also but I'm somewhat optimistic in that my temp never got above 25...24.5-25.7 for the past hour or 2. So I thought maybe the rush up had been stymied but again the few miles inland may make a world of difference....not sure..

We see it time and time again, the best place to be almost always ends up being what is modeled to be just on the outisde looking in; to the east of that, it's a good storm, but more banded in nature.

I've yet to be in a mega snowstorm when I'm on the NE side. Look where it developed and look who got crushed kind of what Mattfm was trying to say yesterday.

How many times has this banded nature been the kiss of death for epic snow totals and how many times have we seen the w/v loop putting a dry punch or dry slot in here and then we're left waiting for banding.

Looks to me like hte low/mid level center is due east of ACY due south of long island sliding almost due east. As it cuts out under it's going to ramp up....what could have been for a lot of you if it happened 100 miles further east.

Between now and about 4am it's going to crank in eastern areas, and may last into mid morning esp as you head from boston north. If you guys can defeat the thin layers of warm air it's rock on from here on out.

Temp just shot to 34.9.

Mother nature owes us a big dumping in the worst way. As for the wind, you can have it. I want the snow!

Most places in SNE look good. My area is going to get the shaft really really bad.

I think 12-18 stays in W CT... 8-12" for my area in the valley and probably even Kevin too.

Archived