joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Discuss the Blizz of 2010 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Area won't see amounts like that though just due to the fact it won't pivot overhead like it did for Jersey

yeah, but it might be one of those "snowicane" scenarios similar to Dec. 9 (2006?) when the storm practically formed an eye with snow rates of 5 or 6" per hour (not saying it will be that intense, but with this storm bombing out, I think that's where potential lies)

We also have the 850/700mb lows which look to track just SE of our area sometime over the course of the next several hours and there is a ton of lift with them...great frotogenesis and convergence...as those continue to track to the NE hopefully that stuff to our SW pivots this way...have to watch that.

Correction, Randolph

Just measured 11.8" here at the back of my d-way. Hard to measure with drifts.

Easton Sharon border about 10.9" as of 10pm. That'll be the last report I get for the night.

1000-850mb clown maps which have done a pretty good job of pinpointing the non-accumulating to accumulating frozen precip pushes back NW for a few more hours. Hovers right around Rte 24 until after 4am..just on the west side someone is getting smoked.

Kudos to the models they hammered out this snow hole pretty good to the west and east of the major QPF bands.

Can we just have one snowstorm this year that passes NW of the BM with a huge comma head of snow for everyone? Just 1. Been far too long.

Phil is right not sure why the Nh/ME crew is off the ship, plenty of snow coming.

sleet mixing in all the way up here north of Concord NH. Oy vay.

No way. Those snow pellets were awesome. Totally convective in nature. That little 35-40dbZ cell that went through your area and then mine moved due north amidst the northwesterly moving bands. I measured some of them...some were over 1/4" in diamater.

lol +BLSN here right now. How exciting.

I've seen even crazy wind gusts to 40-50 and lost power for a bit. Sure it's impressive, but I still would rather wake up to 16+ inches of snow and I just don't see that. I think upton had upped forecast to 22 in my area. Going to need deformation band over NJ and NY to do something miraculous to get to those amounts

I've seen even crazy wind gusts to 40-50 and lost power for a bit. Sure it's impressive, but I still would rather wake up to 16+ inches of snow and I just don't see that. I think upton had upped forecast to 22 in my area. Going to need deformation band over NJ and NY to do something miraculous to get to those amounts

Yeah ain't happening here. I think there's going to be a screw zone from W RI west toward C CT. Litchfield County is going to cash in.

Harvey Len says that those heavy cells in Southeastern NY and northern NJ will come in here.:snowman:

Sure, but they won't pivot over us.

This will be a major, wonderful event, but there are reasons why the ones on hallowed ground are as such....everything needs to evolve perfectly and that hasn't happened for us.

It could heat up near BOS in the nest few hours. Look at that stuff along the s coast.

Been modeled to heat up in Boston for the last day from here to roughly 12-15z. Amazing clarity in the models on that. Going to rock there hopefully as snow, no question about it! Back along the classic south shore areas should be epic hopefully to ray, maybe back into RI and Bob too...cape ann. Probably going to be some mix on the east side next few hours though.

Getting there. We have the winds. Now I just need the +SN 1/4mi vis.

Temp? My guess is it will be near or over you...if not just NE. Check out the water vapor, that's what sucks. http://www.rap.ucar.edu/weather/satellite/displaySat.php?region=ALB&itype=wv&size=large&endDate=20101227&endTime=-1&duration=5

What a monstrosity, if it was only 100 miles east this would have been a blizzard for all time in SNE not just a snowstorm.

This banding over us is consolidating. If it keeps up, I'm going to book some very big totals...

All I'd worry about is temps Weathafella, it's coming, will stay 6-10 hours.

Archived