EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Discuss the Blizz of 2010 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was actually watching the times square cam and talking to some friends in nyc the better part of the evening.

tbh, the times square cam and the flags doesnt looks as severe as i would thought under that quasi-stationary band.

i actually feel as though that storm last yr that droppped heavy snow in nyc with rain up your guys way, the camera captured much more impressive winds and ridiculous snowfall but for a shorter period of time.....but i suppose it defintely was not as sustained as todays event.

anyways, i think you guys are going to get dumped on overnight and tomorrow.... snow totals are gonna skyrocket as they usually do as the storm passes to your east.

btw, everyone in canada, the news and realtives are talking about this storm, so yeah you know its big. :weight_lift:

Wow, if you don't get any contamination your're good for another 6-12/7-14

I'm not much of a texter but sent a message back to my buddy an hour ago asking him how he liked it now. Just heard back, about 11" and snowing like a mad dog. Those favored snow bands that have always produced are going to have some epic totals.

Sucks that the band is so narrow and it's not doing much on either side. I closed out with 3.5" here, I cannot complain getting 15" for the week conservatively! I may get a few inches on the backside, really depends on how fast it crashes.

It didn't do exactly what people wanted but in reality it was well modeled if you go back and look at the models, that one band in EMA (RI too I keep excluding it) is the rockstar.

36 here, ice pellets that are partially melted and rain, Pellets are falling fast enough they are accumulating at the base of the window.

I think I'm all snow. Still at 24.6...BOS down to 28 (was 32..) so it appears it's been beaten back. You should be good for 3-6 on the crashing hts and storm moving out under us after midnight.

This reminds me of the blizzard of 1996.....I remember hearing that Brockton had like 18" and I was still mired at a paltry 6", but I ended up making up a good amount of the difference because it had more staying power up here towards the end.

We'll see.

Radar isn't that impressive attm, but it's +SN here...RUC FWIW looks good...

Just heard Interstate 84 is closed in Putnam and Dutchess Counties, New York... that band is destroying parts of the area with 12-16" of snow so far.

not surprised, I heard that even has early as 7pm sections of I-84 in that area were being shut down. totals will probably be 20-25" widespread

I think I'm all snow. Still at 24.6...BOS down to 28 (was 32..) so it appears it's been beaten back. You should be good for 3-6 on the crashing hts and storm moving out under us after midnight.

All snow here, so your set.. I think its degrees below freezing again.. I mean its just pouring snow here still less then 1/8 its like weenie heaven... I'm probably near a foot or over i havent been out in awhile

Kevin is going to have an epic meltdown in the am. Radar looks terrible for him.

DBZ just keep getting demolished as they move towards him but I'm betting he ends up with his 14", high ratios.

I love how the stations here in Boston report visibility is only 100' when they zoom down the street and you can see a 1/4 mile away! (referring to boston tv right now)

I think Boston is going to put up a pretty impressive total...they are getting smoked right now and have good CF enhancement....its staying just S of them....ageostrophic flow FTW despite a track near ACK....as we thought.

We're kicking things up a notch here...pouring sheets of snow. The street plows are starting to have trouble keeping up with this.

I think Boston is going to put up a pretty impressive total...they are getting smoked right now and have good CF enhancement....its staying just S of them....ageostrophic flow FTW despite a track near ACK....as we thought.

Seriously! If this had been a mundane 990 low we'd be talking about a CF out to 495.

Will...6" currently....gun-to-weenie; how much do I tally....

I think you are going to do well over the next 8-10 hours...it might not be pretty in intervals the next coupel hours, but I think it will keep coming together for you. I still think you break 15"....i don't know if it will be 15 or 19...but you will pile it up i think. I could be wrong though.

I'm going out to check here in a sec. I'm on the phone with antsy client, lol.

Archived