Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Discuss the Blizz of 2010 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RAD is degenerating over me....I suspect inside of rt 128 will be fine.

Give me drip, drip over these cold, banded, dry sluts any day.....

I could tell the cf was gonna end up over Bermuda...when that happens, you do not want to be outside of rt 128.

I think this is relatively temporary, the models actually did pretty well showing a slow down between 3z and 6z and then having it ramps back up big time from ORH to BOS after 06z....BOS may stay out of any lull....but there was definitely a signal for a brief slowdown around this time.

The SREF were big on it. I think the best time will be about 06z to 10z...perhaps beyond that as sometimes these linger heavier and later than models show.

We'll see. I could be totally wrong, but it makes sense based on the track of the mid-level centers....the worst period would be when they are almost due south of us like they are now and trying to regenerate the forcing and we are stuck in a dead zone...not as bad as the CT Valley, but we still feel some of it.

Wait! snow growth is improving in the 2 flakes that are falling

:lol:

Yeah, that's not just a Ct Valley dry slot. It stretches from the Quabbin to the E. Slope of the Berks. Hopefully fills in soon.

I'm just to the north of it currently with SN still falling. Tiny flakes right now though.

I'm just wondering if that stuff to our west and southwest pivots over the area during the overnight...I would think it would, no?

This thing is being torn apart in central areas...

Will it fill in later on or it it doomed.

Too bad if the latter, as it is looking ok here/now.

Winds seem to be more N, than NE like earlier. Maybe the drifts can spread around.

Bare pavement showing on 1 part of my walkway... over a foot on other parts... lol

I think this is relatively temporary, the models actually did pretty well showing a slow down between 3z and 6z and then having it ramps back up big time from ORH to BOS after 06z....BOS may stay out of any lull....but there was definitely a signal for a brief slowdown around this time.

The SREF were big on it. I think the best time will be about 06z to 10z...perhaps beyond that as sometimes these linger heavier and later than models show.

We'll see. I could be totally wrong, but it makes sense based on the track of the mid-level centers....the worst period would be when they are almost due south of us like they are now and trying to regenerate the forcing and we are stuck in a dead zone...not as bad as the CT Valley, but we still feel some of it.

Do you think I'll end up alright? I'm not expecting jackpot totals or something spectacular but I was hoping to see at least around 12'' or so.

I will never go nuts when H5 closes of west of my longitude again.

Messenger and MattMOFO ftw.

Do you think I'll end up alright? I'm not expecting jackpot totals or something spectacular but I was hoping to see at least around 12'' or so.

You should see it pick back up again at some point, but that area was always modeled to be a struggle...it will probably pick back up but the best will be east of you and northeast. ML center catches sort of regenerates a new plume of moisture of E and NE MA and tries to rip it back SW, but it doesn't get that far SW, but I would think you'll fill back in at least somewhat for awhile.

since i mentioned it earlier, even though it has nothing to do with SNE but i talked about it in this thread.....so i want to update so i dont sound like an idiot

i looked at the radar and saw the SUPERBAND come over nyc, easily the most intesne band id seen all night for them.

i checked back at times square cam, and it confirmed my earlier reports......they are getting absolutely blitzed right now on that camera.

breathtaking.

i just wanted to mention so i didnt sound like i was being an ass about the storm.

anyways going to bed, hope to hear manty reprorts of heavy snow for you guys tomorrow.

RUC got ripped all afternoon by everyone on here.. Will said it was a horrific model outside of the first 3-5 hours or so, lol.

It did seem to nail the heavier bands in E.NY though, but its western edge was a bit too large.

General trends is where it's good. Was excellent with 5h all along in this storm from the high plains to the coast. It provided some reinforcement for what we could see on the water vapor 12 hours ago, nobody wanted to hear it. But it sucked with LP position and it was way too far west FWIW.

If I lived there, I'd go to bed like Kev and Ryan.

LOL, one of those deals where you wait for precip to your sw until the bitter end.

It was awful in positions of lp though...abysmal.

Yeah, but it did better than the SREF's with precip in the CT River valley.

WHat's going on in eastern NJ shows the power of mid level lows, and how qpf can be a gross approximation to reality, under those lows.

IMO which is why Matt shouldn't have been shi* on yesterday when he was saying it was all going to be not in the ideal spot for most of SNE.

RAD is degenerating over me....I suspect inside of rt 128 will be fine.

Give me drip, drip over these cold, banded, dry sluts any day.....

I could tell the cf was gonna end up over Bermuda...when that happens, you do not want to be outside of rt 128.

This needed to be 50-100 miles further east. You will still get good snows tonight but god damn we wasted a once in 5-10 year opportunity here, we cannot catch a break 2-3 years running. Friends in Swedesboro NJ and another to the NE are having a near repeat of last year.

That dry slot is like pacman.....worried it eats everything....

IMO you are seeing the CF get washed a bit. Now we will need the mid level dynamics to kick in which models show happening soon. Water vapor indicates it fires back up shortly.

That's disturbing. The dryslot has exploded. Gotta be getting into ORH now.

Dry slot FTW for lower totals in a lot of areas, I blame the La Nina

You should see it pick back up again at some point, but that area was always modeled to be a struggle...it will probably pick back up but the best will be east of you and northeast. ML center catches sort of regenerates a new plume of moisture of E and NE MA and tries to rip it back SW, but it doesn't get that far SW, but I would think you'll fill back in at least somewhat for awhile.

Well I suppose I shouldn't be complaining, I finally got some snow and this is a pretty intense storm, winds are incredible. I should be able to bank out at least 2-3 more inches so in the end this really won't be that bad of a storm.

Archived