• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Discuss the Blizz of 2010 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

You should see it pick back up again at some point, but that area was always modeled to be a struggle...it will probably pick back up but the best will be east of you and northeast. ML center catches sort of regenerates a new plume of moisture of E and NE MA and tries to rip it back SW, but it doesn't get that far SW, but I would think you'll fill back in at least somewhat for awhile.

I don't recall too many dryslots hitting me lately like this one is about to. This will pretty well kill off me getting a foot I'm afraid.

NBD, an impressive event for many. Just not N ORH this time around

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will never go nuts when H5 closes of west of my longitude again.

Messenger and MattMOFO ftw.

April '97 did. So did Dec '92. You have to look at it a little deeper than that. This is not over by a longshot.

This is the same tune you and others sang when saying "I will wait until the 700 center goes SE of me next time to go gung ho"...well this is it. But there are caveats. Its hard to get 18"+. You can still do it if you go to town between 06z and 12z.

But you never should count on it.

April '97 did. So did Dec '92. You have to look at it a little deeper than that. This is not over by a longshot.

This is the same tune you and others sang when saying "I will wait until the 700 center goes SE of me next time to go gung ho"...well this is it. But there are caveats. Its hard to get 18"+. You can still do it if you go to town between 06z and 12z.

But you never should count on it.

:axe:

Snow ftl.....logic ftl.....maybe time to steal some of Messenger's Ambien, and allow the RUC to spike my drink and have it's way with me.

This appears to be maxing out. Weird shredded debacle. This will likely under perform based on expectation but like I said, run of the mill Nor Easter - fun but pedestrian? NJ/NYC will probably do well but this will be less than historic overall.

Hopefully something breaks to make this surprising at sun up...but these rad trends cannot be denied. 10 days watching this odd ball scenario - better spent time.

I will never go nuts when H5 closes of west of my longitude again.

Messenger and MattMOFO ftw.

I'm not going to lie, I'm crushed this didn't work out a little more for everyone and even for me. I lost my shot today I expected 5-8 today and got 3. Bummer.

This one epic band will provide immense totals for some, but this sucks as a widespread 10-30" storm it could have been.

107 mph gust reported by harwich harbormaster

This appears to be maxing out. Weird shredded debacle. This will likely under perform based on expectation but like I said, run of the mill Nor Easter - fun but pedestrian? NJ/NYC will probably do well but this will be less than historic overall.

Hopefully something breaks to make this surprising at sun up...but these rad trends cannot be denied. 10 days watching this odd ball scenario - better spent time.

maybe from a snow standpoint, but the winds and blowing are making it memorable IMHO

Morning should look cool... new landscape

Lol.... 12~" Here.... vis probably about 100 feet... lowest vis of my weather hobbying career when I just went to shovel.. almost scary

Crazy blowing snow right now. Good luck trying to get an accurate measurement...I'm probably not going to make any attempts later on.

Looks like the black hole has stabilized around 495.

I'm not going to lie, I'm crushed this didn't work out a little more for everyone and even for me. I lost my shot today I expected 5-8 today and got 3. Bummer.

This one epic band will provide immense totals for some, but this sucks as a widespread 10-30" storm it could have been.

107 mph gust reported by harwich harbormaster

unlikely

11" as of 11pm at Savoy in the Berkshires.

Lots of double digit snowfall reports now coming out of Columbia and Dutchess Counties in NY.

Parts of eastern NY, Berkshires, and Litchfield County continue to get crushed. This will be big for some of these spots. I'm just over 5" which isn't too bad considering it didn't really move past flurries until 6pm or so. Was just hoping to break 8" and that looks very likely.

Archived