e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Discuss the Blizz of 2010 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the valley was forecasted by the computers to be a struggle with this event then why did so many mets forecast such high storm totals? I really did think we had a shot a big dump here but once it was snowing for several hrs and we had just an inch..i figured something went wrong. I also thought a storm like this would send a really big wall of snow up and down the coast...most uniform heavy snow on the front end but it seems like its been really banded.

I know the valley gets the least snow in most of these events but i remember often doing much better than this. And that dry slot is enormous..just enormous. I saw someone sent a storm report for four inches in e longmeadow...i think that is on the high side lol

I think I would have been happier to watch it snow like crazy in eastern mass and on the cape and just enjoyed heavy heavy heavy cirrus back here.. big thump to the west and sw..big thump some spots east and snow vacum in the middle

If the valley was forecasted by the computers to be a struggle with this event then why did so many mets forecast such high storm totals? I really did think we had a shot a big dump here but once it was snowing for several hrs and we had just an inch..i figured something went wrong. I also thought a storm like this would send a really big wall of snow up and down the coast...most uniform heavy snow on the front end but it seems like its been really banded.

I know the valley gets the least snow in most of these events but i remember often doing much better than this. And that dry slot is enormous..just enormous. I saw someone sent a storm report for four inches in e longmeadow...i think that is on the high side lol

I think I would have been happier to watch it snow like crazy in eastern mass and on the cape and just enjoyed heavy heavy heavy cirrus back here.. big thump to the west and sw..big thump some spots east and snow vacum in the middle

Yeah...same old story in the valley. Snow hole out there.

Still getting surprisingly heavy snow (actually probably moderate with wind making vis less) despite bad echoes penetrating into here. The dendritic growth remains very good.

This has to be upslope helping out below the radar beam.

Flip on channel 4, Christina Hager been reporting from Worcester not sure where, didn't even look like it was snowing but she was in the city proper. I'm sure they'll update again.

Cold air going to rotate in aloft from the sw I think. All models show the storm will actually have a warm core at 8h in the next few hours, f'ing unreal.

Flip on channel 4, Christina Hager been reporting from Worcester not sure where, didn't even look like it was snowing but she was in the city proper. I'm sure they'll update again.

Cold air going to rotate in aloft from the sw I think. All models show the storm will actually have a warm core at 8h in the next few hours, f'ing unreal.

I dunno where she is, i didn't see it. I'm in north worcester. The airport is still reporting 3/4 mile vis. I can take pics, but I'm not making it up. Its still snowing pretty good here. Its not like it was maybe an hour ago, but its not even close to nothing.

Look at that band out in eastern NY. Anyone from Albany in here?

Yup. Me. From PQI. Working here. Watching NE thrreads!

Riding this out on my tug dock-side in Coeymans, NY about 10 nm s of Port of Albany.

The joint is rockin rockin mega mega. Cant see the opposite shore (.25 nm) and haven't seen it since 1900. Decks are clear with wind scour. 2'+ drifts at corners of barge. No idea how much actual snow on ground. Wind straight down the river. Constant 30+ kts.

The snow is falling so heavily that it is not melting on contact with the river. Open water (the river is fully choked with 4-6" pan ice down river from Poughkeepsie to Saugerties) is collecting what I can best describe as a "milky deposit" that then itself becomes covered in accumulating snow. This process is an ice factory.

Running the river is going to be very tough after this lets up tomorrow.

That's my report and I'm sticking by it.

AS

I dunno where she is, i didn't see it. I'm in north worcester. The airport is still reporting 3/4 mile vis. I can take pics, but I'm not making it up. Its still snowing pretty good here. Its not like it was maybe an hour ago, but its not even close to nothing.

Same here...think it'd be near nothing looking at radar, but it's still coming down moderately.

Honestly, I think inside Route 128 jackpots with this storm. This includes Arlington, Newton, down to Dedham...of course Woburn...then that area around Norwood...

Many spots in this area are around 7-12" right now. Another 12 solid hours to go; half way done. 14-24" and there you go. Don't think we see 24"+, but who knows. That dry slot stopped at 128 and now building W. Inside 128 never ceased with the heavy snow fortunately.

That snow hole west of ORH into WMA and CT...well, I don't know. I hope it fills; maybe another 3-6"? No clue.

You never know with East Longmeadow...it does have some hilly terrain.

Archived