• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Valentines Day Who the Hell Knows - Comeback Thread

DDweatherman

Ita very pretty to watch fall, but it's not accumulating in Parkville. I heard Baltimore County schools closed. I'm usually very liberal when it comes to schools closing. "Better safe than sorry", but is there anywhere in Baltimore County that actually warrants a closing today? Maybe the Hereford Zone, but they can separate that area when it comes to closing decisions. Idk. People can correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems like the weakest closing I've ever witnessed 

3 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

1.7 inches on the cars. About 1.3 on the deck. I am going with 1.3 for this event. Was beautiful coming down. It has come to an end here in Purcellville. 

That extra 100’ in elevation plus being 15 miles west of me made a big difference for you

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rjvanals said:

Got a bit unlucky w timing here in immediate metro area w the changeover happening post daybreak; had changeover been at 4 am we’d have had much more accumulation even w above freezing temps and same duration of snow 

Yeah, we stopped gaining once we got closer to 9am.  Think I’ll call it 0.2”.

5 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

Ita very pretty to watch fall, but it's not accumulating in Parkville. I heard Baltimore County schools closed. I'm usually very liberal when it comes to schools closing. "Better safe than sorry", but is there anywhere in Baltimore County that actually warrants a closing today? Maybe the Hereford Zone, but they can separate that area when it comes to closing decisions. Idk. People can correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems like the weakest closing I've ever witnessed 

There is no reason. 

12 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

BCPS now closes for stuff they would’ve just delayed for when I was in school

16 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

Howard County went with a delay for wet roads. These days if the roads are wet they close schools. 

15 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

Howard County went with a delay for wet roads. These days if the roads are wet they close schools. 

I think delay was the right call to see if the rates overtook the roads. They didn't, so off to school they go.

It was supposed to snow for 4 plus hours. It actually snowed for maybe 2 lol. So it goes. Let's see if we can luck into one big storm before the flowers bloom.

8 minutes ago, JenkinsJinkies said:

A little bit of slush on cars and nothing else. Today was supposed to be a long shot east of the mountains anyway.

60 hours ago we weren't slated to get anything. I will admit that it's been interesting to see us "close well" with events this winter. 

• Like 1