• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

6.8" final.  Only accumulated to about 4.5" on the driveway.  Was right around 32 degrees or a little more since 7am.

Didn't get the 8" I'd hoped for, but did almost double the yearly total and eclipsed last years full total.  14.75" total for this year (so far).

• Like 2

After a busted forecast it’s important to ask what went wrong and try to learn from it. In hindsight, I overlooked a few glaring red flags:

1. No high to the north, marginal airmass.

2. We were reliant on phasing during a very fast flow. The pattern did not favor a tucked in bomb close to the coast.

3. Not giving enough weight to the most recent guidance. Can’t just assume things will come back north or a massive shift is an overcorrection. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, George001 said:

There is no way in hell Boston has over 2 inches, never mind 7. My call for a Boston blizzard was a major bust. I have about an inch of slush here.i

To be totally honest here. I knew that was an error. Try more like 0.72" of snow and that would be the most realistic at Logan Air Strip. If this storm had actually yesterday held serve and went into a more favorable direction, we were looking at a February 1967 KU like storm but of course that obviously didn't happen. I believe I stated something like that yesterday.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

So West Hartford had 15 inches but Bradley airport notes 1 inch-what a cutoff!

I just checked it out and it shows Bradley airport received 7 in. Wasn't sure when you saw that post for 1 in. Unless I'm reading what they have is their total snowfall for today?

21 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Still amazed at the 15  to 1 Ryan band.  7 to 1 here. One of the freakest storms modeling and final I can remember 

We had 12.5” here, I bet we were going near that ratio too during the height of it…it was all fluffy dendrites, snowgrowth was gorgeous. They just stayed in the band a little longer, probably only about an hr or so, cuz  that was easily 3.5”/hr rates. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

We had 12.5” here, I bet we were going near that ratio too during the height of it…it was all fluffy dendrites, snowgrowth was gorgeous. They just stayed in the band a little longer, probably only about an hr or so, cuz  that was easily 3.5”/hr rates. 

Not much wind either. Just stacks.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Not much wind either. Just stacks.

Nothing crazy..but it was getting breezy in the death bands, so it gave it an even better look, more of a driving look. But certainly not near enough to fracture the dendrites, and inhibit stacking/accumulations.  And temps were fine..right around 30 degrees here.  Was a beautiful event. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Wow man , awesome just pure fluff bomb .  

From WTNH. 

Thomaston: 16″
East Farmington: 15.5″
West Hartford: 15.7″
Cheshire: 14″
Bristol: 14″
Newtown: 13.2″
Bethel: 13.2″
Southington: 13″
East Hartford: 13″
Wolcott: 13″
Vernon: 12.5″